Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ongoing work in progress

Thx all!!

The more of your positive comments,the more fun it gets showing them to you!
    Here's the latest (and last) of the cats....
    That is.... For this book ;-)

Name:  window.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  151.1 KB

Starting to work and finish the Rusty Knight book from chapter one untill the last page, reworking illustrations and fiddling about to improve the endresult.
    Here's the Narrator who introduces each new chapter..
    Have to do 9 variations on this one :-)

Hope you like it

Arjen

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hoofdstuk1.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	208.6 KB 
ID:	74751

Can we buy this wonderful book Arjen? I would love to see your illustrations in context.

Really neat Arjen, love the narrator he looks like a professor.
    Geoff

Haha..that "Window" illustration makes me smiling..love it

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Can we buy this wonderful book Arjen? I would love to see your illustrations in context.
    hi Copespeak,

I'm affraid it will take a few months for the book to hit the stores, still working on the illustrations and the translation.......
    here's a snippet of the text though.....To give you an impression :-)

"The pink elephant had woken up also with a full bladder…So a little wee had to be done.. And because the elephant was used to do his wee outside he made his way to the backdoor.. With his trunk he could just reach the doorknob and opened the door. “EEKKSS!”.. Panic!!! the half dozy pink friend was wide awake in a split second for he was standing in fresh snow with his bare feet… And if you would observe this scene from a distant you wouldn’t have known better than that you were looking at a big bouncing pink ball….
    Panic……!!!
    Now you may wonder…Is an elephant afraid of snow? Believe me.. that is not the case..

But our pink elephant is born in Africa and there he never had anything to do with snow….Even the rain is warm over there..

To tell you the truth… Even ice popsicles are on room temperature there!

The rusty Knight noticed the little elephant and walked towards the pink bouncing miracle… The trunk had withdrawn due to the cold which looked rather silly… But the rusty Knight tried hard not to chuckle and called out.. “Come over here…time for walkies!”

The elephant shook his head fiercefully and wasn’t going to change his mind about it…It turned around in the direction of the back door and set for a sprint in the direction of oven in the kitchen.

The Rusty Knight was just able to grab him by the tail, which caused the pink elephant to loose his grip, and shove him in the direction of the elephant’s privy behind the rose shrubbery.

There was nothing to be done but…..Wee!

Jumped inside immediately after that…invisible for the rest of the day…."

Hope it raises a smile :-)

Arjen

Well that sure raised a smile with me, the book when it comes out should be fun to read.
    Geoff

Looking at Your kaleidoscopic set of different scenes I would say You manage to carry out simultaneously and in parallel several comics stories, all wonderfully illustrated! I like very much how You introduce some textures which appear toned down in sharpness to be perfectly consistant with the rest of Your comics style. For instance I kept looking with admiration to Your red sofa and its floreal motive, wondering how You succeeded to get that fabric effect with a constrast compatible with the distance it has from the near field of the vignette .... Bravissimo!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by limey-g View Post
    Really neat Arjen, love the narrator he looks like a professor.
    Geoff
    Dear Geoff,

Without giving away too much......"The professor" is'nt what you think he is :-)
    Thank you for the comment,will keep it in mind when i draw the next few ones!

Arjen