Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ongoing work in progress

Ongoing work in progress

Here's a 4-step view of on of the latest "Rusty Knight" illustrations I did.
    As you can see it's a mather of fiddle and erase, and erase and fiddle untill I'm partly pleased with the result....Probably pick it up again when all the artwork for the book is finished and I give things a last check..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kleur1.jpg 
Views:	406 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	73856

Name:	kleur2.jpg 
Views:	391 
Size:	188.9 KB 
ID:	73857

Name:	kleur3.jpg 
Views:	357 
Size:	168.2 KB 
ID:	73858

Name:	kleur4.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	164.8 KB 
ID:	73859

Are these the kittens grown up? It's a great image Arjen. I love the concept of the steak tempting them onwards! Thanks for sharing the process. I find that very helpful.

A wonderful illustration!

I like it and once again it makes me smile, love the bait to spur them on, mind you if they are like our cats they have minds of their own.
    Geoff

Now there's something you don't see every day.

Interestingly enough (to me) the tigers are chasing a heart rather than a hunk of meat. But I suppose that's for another story and not this one.
    Yours is a fanciful image as well, making them orange jungle cat colored rather than snow tiger white.

Nice one. Lots of action.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Very dynamic illustration and perspective! Lot of fantasy to have tigers pulling the sleigh in the snow ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

As always, wonderful illustraions, very well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Well.... I'ts been a few weeks, Have been busy pretending to be a teacher and recovering from the flue.
    Yes grayflo...These are the same kittens grown up, there are two chapters in the book where they play a significant role, some more illustrationwork to do there :-)
    And Limey-g........On the way back speed,or a total lack of it, is due to the fact that the meat is eaten and currant buns don't attract to them.....Probably dark when he gets home again!

Here are two more illustrations with the cats/tigers which are a sort of work in progress....Hope you like them,still far from finished though!
    And thank you for all the lovely comments and feedback!!

Oh....By the way... I just finished translating the chapter for the illustration above, I would very much like to get feedback on the text but it is'nt possible to to that here.If you people would be so kind as to feedback us on the text please mail me with "chapter" as headline and I will mail you the word file....Could be a great reasurence if the text is as well received as my illustration work!

Regards,

Arjen

[email protected]

Name:  bunchsmall.jpg
Views: 1965
Size:  78.4 KB

Name:	kleur1.jpg 
Views:	364 
Size:	275.8 KB 
ID:	74183

You have amazing imagination and every time I look at one of your illustrations I cannot help but smile.
    Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by limey-g View Post
    You have amazing imagination and every time I look at one of your illustrations I cannot help but smile.
    Geoff
    Thank you Limey-g,
    But my imagination comes from the text I get send to me, She is such a visual writer that I can see the illustrations already in front of my eyes, and for the first time in my life I'm able to recreate the excact picture!

Read the text! :-)

regards,

Arjen