ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Is Artrage capable of creating "Space Art"?

Is Artrage capable of creating "Space Art"?

Hi all,

just out of curiousity, is Artrage capable of creating space art style of paintings too?
    I am not allowed to link an example but if you google the term you get plenty of pictures to get an idea.

If not, why is that so?
    What does the program I use needs to be able to do?

Greetings from Germany!

Herm

Last edited by Saphire; 03-06-2013 at 01:00 AM.
    Christine.(Paint what you see, not what you know to be there)

Artrage Magazines https://app.box.com/s/6ybcbpnu1rw3tqee40hge5eb7eag6on6

http://saphire1948.deviantart.com/gallery/

Thumbs up Did someone say; Space Art

Herm

Thanks for asking. ArtRage can be used to paint anything. Provided you can or learn how. Look under the top right menu Notifications: you have one PM (personal message) from me.

Space Art creation is just one click away for you. Enjoy.

Space art is not easy to actually paint with our tools and it takes many years to get really good at it. Knowing your tools and especially how to create a stencil help. You can do it then. I sent you a link on how to learn it by observation and individual selective creations using a plugin program to get you started on the right path. Once you see how, you then create your own in ArtRage. It helps a lot to learn the basics of Space art painting this way.

Good luck and happy Space painting. I look forward to seeing some of your artworks here in the forums soon.

Thank you for pointing these links Saphire, I found them too a few days ago.

I really did not express myself very good I fear, english is not my mother language :-)

My question goes more towards:

Could you create this density / detail / glowing / nebulae & planetary complexity with Artrage (given the right skills) which space art or terraspace art (as a sub genre) is known for?

Or do you need the more expensive and complex programs with filters and whatnot to achieve something like this?

EDIT: Bobbyray has been faster ;-)

Thank you for the detailed info you provided, I will take a look at my PM now!

Thumbs up

I am not sure what exactly you mean. I painted these in ArtRage. So , yes if I understand your needs.

Once you learn how. It isn't easy. It is very time consuming with all of the detail work but well worth it.

Send me an email: bobbyray@artrageus.net and we can continue this conversation.

I'm not much of space art creator (can't say I ever actually tried my hand at it before tonight). I figure it's just like anything else, where it's just a mater of knowing the style you want to achieve and knowing how to use the tools at hand. I've posted a few variations of my attempt at it, below. I had planned to make a video, but a bug in the script recording caused me to sideline that. Anyway, all four variations below, were created fully in ArtRage 4 (meaning no 3rd party filters, or programs were used). I did use a lot of my own Sticker Spray Presets however, so your result may vary on that end. Less than hour needed to create the main image. About an hour for all four together. Be sure to click on them, to see them at full size.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Space_1.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	148.0 KB 
ID:	73835
    -

Name:	Space_2.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	191.2 KB 
ID:	73836
    -

Name:	Space_1a.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	144.6 KB 
ID:	73837
    -

Name:	Space_1b.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	157.8 KB 
ID:	73838
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

here are some that I've done with AR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	moonmine.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	399.8 KB 
ID:	73842   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deepspace.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	471.8 KB 
ID:	73841   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	out there.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	424.4 KB 
ID:	73843   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spacescape15.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	254.4 KB 
ID:	73844  
    Da go Te'
    Best to you

Peter............
    Have a listen to or buy my music : http://www.reverbnation.com/playlist...artist_3522106
    and the Aubrey Small website:http://www.aubreysmall.com/
    My Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010972992278

Quote Originally Posted by Hermundure View Post
    is Artrage capable of creating space art style of paintings too
    ArtRage is capable of doing whatever real media is capable of doing! You want spaceart? Paint away, it's all up to your creative energy.

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Thumbs up

Someonesane

Wow, very nice especially for the first try..... Seems I have some competition besides Peter and and and....lol

Here is one of mine, also done all in AR and it is a jpg.

Herm.... try one and see what you come up with. Save it as a png and then jpg,, to upload here. Look at the difference (full screen) in the color quality of the 2 images in comparison.

Name:	PlanetsA.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	73849  

Hermundure,

Honestly, you can create anything you want in ArtRage, and without the use of filters. Like anything else, there is a learning curve, but the AR learning curve is as fast as it gets. The only limitation is your imagination and general digital painting skills. If you can paint space scenes in any other media, you can paint them in ArtRage, and a lot easier in ArtRage than many other tools.

This first one is sort of space-painting humor, what happens when space gets crowded and isn't "space" anymore. For this I created some stickers to expedite the output during the AR3 beta, just to see what would happen. Sort of a fun exercise. The second one, also from beta testing, was an ordinary space city fantasy, just straight AR painting tools. These aren't what you are exactly looking for, but the idea is just to show you can do stuff pretty easily.

The short word is "yes" you can paint about any kind of space painting you can imagine.

I'm a fan of both BobbyRay's and Peter's space art, always imaginative and often stunning. SOS, fun seeing you throw in outside your normal gig. You seem to be able to tackle just about anything instantly.

Name:	0527 SP.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	464.6 KB 
ID:	73900   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0595 SP.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	423.5 KB 
ID:	73901  
    Last edited by byroncallas; 03-08-2013 at 03:51 PM.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4