ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Skull Wallpaper

Skull Wallpaper

Hello.
    This is my first post and the first 'finished' piece I did in ArtRage.
    Although I am not the biggest fan of the interface, the tool feels just right. It is way more straigthforward than Painter, less cluttered than PS (I hate the interface that was introduced with PS5) and the canvas controls are much better than in Sketchbook pro (although I like the pencil and Ink there a little better).
    Anyway, here ist my fist picture. Reference picture was used, presketch with a pencil and then straight painting with the oil brush and some soomthing/blending of the background with the palette knife.
    Adjusting the canvas afterwards gives it a very organic look.
    The forum here is friendly and has all skill levels present. I hope to be able to post from time to time (digital painting is not my major hobby....).
    Therefore i would like to share this picture, a wallpaper in 1080p, with you.
    Enjoy.
    Michael

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skull_10_Wallpaper.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	281.6 KB 
ID:	73784

Welcome Michael, and an excellent first post. It will be interesting to see how you like Art Rage as you get more used to the program. It is as simple as you like or has the capabilities to produce really complex work as you will find if you watch the forum. There are some artists here who produce mind blowing work that require extensive technical skills that can only be gained with practice and experimenting..... and imagination!

We will look forward to more posts from you to see how you get the best out of the program.

very good work, Michael. I like the technics... don't the theme, sorry. But a very good begining.
    Welcome!

- It is the
    emotion that brings us closer to the reality, which is infinite and diverse. Antonio López García
    - What would life be if we did not have the courage to try something new? Vicent Van Gogh
    My Gallery

makes a great wallpaper indeed. great painting job on the skull. welcome.

Welcome. Terrific first shot out of the box, hoping you will post more.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Thanks everyone for the nice words. I hope to be able to post more soon.

[at]mochuelin
    Unfortunately, I am VERY much hooked on skulls and bare bones and study them a lot (both for custom painting and tattoo designs...it's like bread an butter).
    I guess there will be more in this direction...try to get some cute character designs in from time to time.

[at]copespeak
    Looking at you gallery, it seems to me as if you got the hang on the tools already. I hope to be able to put the time in. I see the digital painting just as an extension of my real world sketching hobbies

Neat idea. Yeah, tattoos on the scalp where the skin is not so deep, I would think they would also be imprinting the bone. Interesting connection between the fossil feel of the fish and the skull -- Gotta love roots.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Welcome and congratulations for the excellent painting!
    I guess they had to cut and detach the scalp and then fix again to have such a more permanent tattoo to last all the life long ... and beyond ...LOL
    Panta rei (everything flows)!