ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lucrezia Borgia Portrait with a steam twist...

Lucrezia Borgia Portrait with a steam twist...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LucreziaBorgiaPortrait.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	116.2 KB 
ID:	73764

Hi everyone =)

I did this for the "History in Steam" Contest over at gameartisans.org... it has been a back and forth between AR and PS but i wanted to share it with you guys anyway. I hope you like it...

-Rasmus

love it!! ..very well done -- nice style and i love the lighting and mood

thanks for sharing!

Chad W Greene

Hard to not like. It's excellent work. Thanks for giving us a chance to see it. Post more.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

This is really good, nice use of lighting, what was the original canvas size ?
    Geoff

Great painting and great mood

Fabulous painting, well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

She's very seductive in your depiction. Would be interesting to actually have seen her in real life, just to put a face with all the stories that have sprouted up around the Borgias. Some say they were as bad as we hear. Some say there is a possibility that their enemies wanted to destroy their reputation and invented much, if not most, of their horrendous deeds. But that's neither here nor there because the stories have taken on a life of their own.

Nice work. I would recommend one thing only, and that is I would take a little more care with painting the dead man's feet. Everything else is so nice and delicate and precise, those toes are a little loose. But bravo to you! Great work. I could easily see a graphic novel around this one.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

The painting look a professional one, so harmonic and masterfully composed. I like also the steampunk twist idea, expressed also by the clock as an old looking mechanical device in evidence. The dressing style and wig look more like a Marquis de Sade guest attire, i.e. 18th century sado-maso apparel.
    So plenty of citations in here! Maybe the inspiration and reference to Lucretia Borgia is mainly due to the recent movie they're advertising in these days (here at least).
    Welcome and congrats!
    Last edited by Caesar; 03-05-2013 at 09:22 PM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Hi everyone! Soooo much positive feedback =) ...Tonight it's a little late. I will comment in more detail tomorrow but i already want to thank you for your time and all the kind words. It means a lot to me ...THANKS again!

-Rasmus

She's terrific!