ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Painting Around Imported Images with ArtRage Studio Pro

Painting Around Imported Images with ArtRage Studio Pro

Here is a side by side version of my watercolour, using Someonesane's Video: Painting Around Imported Images with ArtRage Studio Pro Video, Ref:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVbOjLhP5-M

I never have been able to master this properly, but I am now very pleased with my first attempt at this method. The first is the real life watercolour, and the one on the right with more detail and the background is the digitally enhanced version using Someonesane's method.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Side By Side.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	150.0 KB 
ID:	73533  
    TeresaW
    My Art blog can be found here and
    PaperTree's Images in the ArtRage Gallery can be found here.

What a fabulous illustration! I love it!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Great pictures, great colours, well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Great use of masks and great colours

Love this image and I think the digital background works well with it! Looks like you have a good understanding of how to mask.

Thanks everyone, I was thrilled with the result. I think it would have been better if I had scanned the drawing before working digitally on it instead of taking a photo of it, to keep a flatter perspective of the drawing. Still onwards and upwards, I'm tweaking it and having a second bash at it now I know how to do it.

Thanks guys for the encouragement.
    TeresaW

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTree View Post
    Thanks everyone, I was thrilled with the result. I think it would have been better if I had scanned the drawing before working digitally on it instead of taking a photo of it, to keep a flatter perspective of the drawing. Still onwards and upwards, I'm tweaking it and having a second bash at it now I know how to do it.

Thanks guys for the encouragement.
    Nice work PaperTree! You did a great job merging the digital work into the traditional. You're right about scanning the image; It is a better solution. If you have to rely on a camera however, and happen to be using AR4, you can always use the Transformation Tools "Perspective" option. It allows you manipulate a selection along a 3D plane, which could be used to fixed minor perspective issues.

If you're looking for some more tips on the Watercolor tool, I have another video about how I use layer grains to manipulate the texture of the paint being applied. You can watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsgwbHMaqjY.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Cool! Downloaded AR4 and used it to adjust the perspective issue. It's great. Now I'm rereading the manual to bone up on what's in the upgrade and refresh my memory on AR's capabilities.

Thanks
    TeresaW

PaperTree,
    Excellent detailing, design, creative expertize and artwork.
    Mairzie Dotes