ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Paper Sizes for Cartoon

Cool Paper Sizes for Cartoon

Hi,

I have some queries regarding the sizes to take before painting a raster image.
    Are there any standards to what size one should take while doing a small page cartoon or while doing a main editorial cartoons.
    Standards used for magazines, newspapers and website. Can anyone help me in these queries?
    Thanks a lot in advance.

Jb..

I think A4 is a good format for comics.

Hi,
    I think A4 is a good format for comics. I guess most Eropean comics are printed in the"A" size format.

I am used to sketch using graphite on A3 papers. Then I ink and paint using the computer on A3 (300 dpi) but scale it down to A4 before publishing. Working directly on A4 at 600 dpi is also a good habit. But A3 at 300 dpi is what I like. Independent comics use a lot of other sizes (like or Galago comics). One favourite of mine is "Frances" and the printed size is 254 mm x 185 mm. But the original artwork must have been twice that size at least and the dimensiones relative to the A format.

I guess the US standards differs from European and Japanese standards. Internet has no standards as far as I know.

Maybe somebody else knows?

Can this help?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_size

And following the links at the bottom of the pages:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1000px-A_size_illustration2_with_letter_and_legal.png 
Views:	11278 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	73554

I think A4 is a good format for comics.

Internet has no standards as far as I know.It will be very best to go with.This will surly be make a very best one with good attractive one.Its will surly be helpful for me too.
    Thanks for sharing here.

intellectual property firms australia
    Last edited by mindbluee; 03-03-2013 at 03:30 AM.