Thread: how can I have a brush with only thiner and no paint ?

Gallery
    View images

how can I have a brush with only thiner and no paint ?

I want something like water or thinner only, with no paint on the brush.

Is that possible ? To make the paint more smooth without adding more paint.

artrage can do that ?

[]s

Gallery
    View images
    If you take the 'loading' control in the oil brush to 0%, then increase the 'thinners' control, you can do some subtle blending. It is actually a bit too subtle - in ArtRage 2.11 it was less subtle so you could do dry-brushing a bit easier. In ArtRage 2.2 we made that a bit too subtle, so I'm looking at bringing it back up a bit in the next release of ArtRage.

Also, you can use the palette knife to do blending - play with the pressure setting a bit to get different effect.

Or you can use the marker pen, with 'Art pen' switched off, and use white colour (which will just use transparent water). Turn 'Wetness' up high.
    Another technique for blending is to use the marker pen with wetness set high, turn 'Art pen' on, and alternate between blending and pressing <alt>click to pick up the current colour.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    thank you darling !!

I will try these tip!

I just started testing ArtRage today, and the little program is wonderfull !

Do you have some wishlist topic ?

As I am an user of Photoshop and used to deal with real painting stuff, many ideas are popping in my head comming from both worlds, when I'm playing with artrage. I think I can help it be even better

[]s

Gallery
    View images
    BTW, when's the new version coming out? As mentioned here, I used to really depend on the drybrush blending, so I'm eagerly waiting for a fix.

Yes, I have tried the other methods.

Cheers!

Gallery
    View images
    We're currently working on the next version.
    I dont like to give estimates of release dates because that starts to get people expecting, and if we have to delay because of problems with features or changes in the feature set users get annoyed.

I can tell you that it will be another free update to ArtRage 2 users who have purchased the Full version.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    thanks, AndyRage, that is good news - and a sensible policy. I know what you mean about estimated release dates from other software that I follow closely. It has a way of turning ugly.

So, happy coding & best of luck to you.