ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: How to create a gradient in artrage studio

How to create a gradient in artrage studio

Hello,

I am a beginner with ArtRage.
    I am trying to create a gradient in Artrage Studio but I don't find how to do.
    I read "If you're using ArtRage Studio, you could use the Blur Panel. Just use a tool (I recommend the Ink Pen) to make the different color lines across the screen, then open the Blur Panel (Edit > Blur Layer...)" But I can't find the Blur Panel in Edit.
    Thank you very much for your help

The new AR4 has a gradient tool as one of three functions of the Fill Tool. It's super-versatile, endless possibilities, it works. The image below was a test - came out pretty good - easy to a accomplish. You can make gradients with two colors and easily manipulate the gradient areas, size, shapes, locations, etc. Great addition to the AR tool sets.

Meanwhile, for the method you described in your post: Select the layer you want to blur in the layer panel. Then select "blur layer" from the edit menu. The examples below show first the original layer, and then two passes through the blur function at 100%. There's lots of playing you can do with this. But the new AR4 is a far superior tool.

EDIT: Oh, I see you might be running Studio rather than Studio Pro or AR4. Studio doesn't have the blur layer feature or the fill tool gradiant feature. You can see the difference in feature sets here: http://www.artrage.com/files/artrage...comparison.pdf .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gradiant Worlds.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	73479   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blur gradiant example.JPG 
Views:	130 
Size:	131.7 KB 
ID:	73481   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blur gradiant done.JPG 
Views:	143 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	73480  
    Last edited by byroncallas; 02-24-2013 at 03:45 AM.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Thank you

Just one more question:

I scanned my drawing and I am working on it with ArtRage Pro.
    Thank you, now I understand how to do the gradient with Studio pro, but what is the best option for me if I want a gradient layer in the background. I am not sure I can realize that except to paint by myself.
    Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by sand0204 View Post
    Just one more question:

I scanned my drawing and I am working on it with ArtRage Pro.
    Thank you, now I understand how to do the gradient with Studio pro, but what is the best option for me if I want a gradient layer in the background. I am not sure I can realize that except to paint by myself.
    Thank you very much.
    If I understand correctly, you want a gradient layer in the background for your painting. Use the layer panel to create a layer with your gradient using whatever method you want to create your gradient. Make sure that layer is lower than the layer for your painting. See the example. You can make as many layers as you like and move them up and down in the stack to suit your fancy. If you don't know how to use layers in AR, take a few minutes to read the manual. You'll get it pretty quick.

Is this what you're trying to find out, or did I misunderstand your question?

FYI, the gradient layer used here was created using the gradient tool in AR4. It's quite versatile.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gradiant Underneath.JPG 
Views:	117 
Size:	221.2 KB 
ID:	73510  
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4