Thread: how can I remove the thick paint after using knife a lot ?

Gallery
    View images

how can I remove the thick paint after using knife a lot ?

I was playing with the knife, it's very good for blending, but in real painting, I could use the same knife to wipe some paint off the canvas, and then pass again the knife, to let the pain thinner than it was.

It's not that I want to wipe all the paint, just a little, lets say, half paint of the thick layer.

The roll is good, but make the paint too flat, I fell like it's too heavy makes the colors look like someone put water on it. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, I guess.

Is that even possible with artrage ? Or at least you guys know any workaround ?

[]s
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	artrage_lightedgrass256_119.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	175.7 KB 
ID:	5449  

Gallery
    View images
    With the knife the only choice you have is adjusting the pressure settings. For half the paint you could erase and then re-apply with;
    pressure, loading and thinners set at 50%. In the future (if you have the full version of Art Rage) try using layers first to experiment. Start with an outline as your base canvas with any other objects included that have a definite texture and substance you feel are correctly applied with the settings you normally use. On a layer change the settings of the three paint settings for pressure, loading and thinners. If you do not like how they look it is easy enough to delete the layer keeping everything else that is correct in its' original form. Once you find an application of the paint on a layer that you believe is the correct texture and level of substance then merge onto the base canvas layer. Or better yet export a file in jpg, bmp, png etc., and save the ptg file with the layers in case later you decide to make a change.
    The very first digital art program that I worked with Art Rage 1

You may visit my personally designed website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

Gallery
    View images
    Yammy.... if you use the ERASER on a low setting you can thin the paint right down to the canvas if you want to.........Jack.
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.