ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Program Tip incorrect?

Program Tip incorrect?

When I used the 'Check for updates' option on the tool bar, a window (with a cat on top) was shown that said something to the effect that using the 'alt' + Left Mouse Click would fill the background with the current pen color. Actually this causes the pen to pick up the current background color. Did I read this incorrectly or is this an old feature or something?
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day! Joe V.

Hi jvolkel,
    It's a way to set the colour behind the work area to the current colour from the colour picker.
    To make this work... Move your canvas, or zoom out from your canvas so you can see the work area behind the canvas. By default that work area is white. If you <alt>click in that work area - off the canvas - it will set the work area to be the current colour from the colour picker.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

AHA! Thanks for the clarification Andy.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day! Joe V.

This is a nice tip. So can we actually load our painting behind the work area?

No, sorry Pai. The area behind the canvas can only be one colour (although there were many conversations in the Ambient Design office about leaving brush strokes behind if you painted over the edge of the canvas...)
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Thanks for your reply, Andy. The reason I am asking to see if I can use the background as a frame to match with the painting.