ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: How to uninstall and reinstall a pack ?

How to uninstall and reinstall a pack ?

Hello !

I must confess I made a mistake : I install the sumi pack, and as I didn't find where the brushes were, I did certainly something wrong... Now, when I try to install that pack again, I read it is damaged...

So, how to uninstall and reinstall it normally ? And how to find the brushes, in which files ?

Thank you !
    Windows 10 - Surface
    ArtRage 5
    Draw and paint with a simple corded mouse.
    My gallery: http://500px.com/cb6973

You can uninstall a package via File -> Show installed packages. You can uninstall it from there. You can see on this page where all the resources are located. When you install a package file, you can see where all of the resources are going in a list. e.g. Stickers - Mosaic, then a list of stickersmeans that a mozaic group is created in stickers in which the stickers are placed.

If you are getting a message that the file is damaged, then it's either a damaged file so can't be installed, or if you're using Artrage 3 and it's an ArtRage 4 package, it may not be compatible. Downlaod the file again to make sure. If you have previously installed that package with that version of ArtRage, then it should be fine to reinstall via File -> Install package.

You can find a 'Package Files' section near the end of the manual ( Help -> ArtRage Help ) which goes into the installation process in more detail and explains where the resources go in more depth. I hope this helps!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thank you, Dave

Now, everything about installing and uninstalling packs seems to me clear.

However, a little problems remains: I oddly don't find the brushes that belong to the pack. I don't understand what is happening...

Could you help me once more ?
    Windows 10 - Surface
    ArtRage 5

No problem.

Can you give me a link to the thread you downloaded the pack from?
    What version of ArtRage are you using? If it's 4, have you updated to 4.0.1 from the member area? ( Help -> About ArtRage displays the version )
    Also, what operating system are you using?
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?qgq5z7d671lsuld .

My AR version is 3.5.

I am sure I omit to do something. But what ?
    Windows 10 - Surface
    ArtRage 5

Thanks for that! Okay I've just installed them here. If you go to File -> Show installed packages, and make sure that 'so sumi why don't you' is highlighted on the left, to the right you can see the locations of all the brush presets.

For example: 'In group: Knife presets - Sumi Blending' then a list of three presets. This means that if you select the palette knife, then open the presets panel and choose the Sumi Blending group at the top, you will see all three new presets for this tool.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design