ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: How to draw along the rule or the edges of the stencils ?

How to draw along the rule or the edges of the stencils ?

Hello

I would like to know how to draw neatly and regularly along the rule or the edges of the stencils ?

I am studying Golden Ratio and want to draw neatly curves and straight lines.

As I only use the mouse, it would be convenient for me to find a tip for that.

Is there an option which allows us to do so with two clicks (one for the beginning and one for the end of the curve and straight line... and the line is created). No ? I am surely irrealistic !

Hi Claudine,

Right click over stencil or ruler, and select either the ruler mode, or the guide mode. Each allows the cursor to drag along the edge of the stencil. Guide mode will allow the marks to seep under the edge, while still following it.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

CTRL + Drag for your straight line, and release at the end.

Hi Claudine,

French curves may be used in the exact same way as outlined by SomeoneSane with the ruler.
    They are the ideal tool for getting those golden ratio curves done
    You can find them in the 'Frisket' category of your stencils.

If you have never used them before type 'how to use french curves' in the youTube search and you will find a lot of instructional videos.
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

Thank you very much for all these precious indications. I am going to try that very soon.