ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Emulator of pressure

Emulator of pressure

Hello !

Because I only use a mouse, I wonder if it would be possible to create an emulator of pressure (pressing + and - to make more or less pression for colours). Perhaps it would an idea to use the keybord too, and not only the stylus. Of course, it would be ideal with function keys.

What do you think of that proposition. I am sure it could be useful for everybody, couldn't it be ?

Are we talking of shortcuts on the keyboard for increasing/decreasing tool pressure? If so, pressing arrowkey UP increase by 1% for each turn and arrowkey DOWN decrease by 1%.
    Add SHIFT to UP- or DOWN arrowkey and youŽll go 10% at a time.

Thank you . That's incredible !

I think I haven't read that in the user guide, so I should read it again. Do you think that allows us to draw and paint in the same manner as the stylus with the tablet ?

It would allow me to try the super sumi-e pack created by screenpainter. (It was reserved for stylus and tablet using.)

The only tools that have a feature like that are the Ink Pen and the Air Brush. The ink pen has a auto taper option that gets applied after the stroke is created. The air brush has an option that tapers off the stroke as you go.

You may want to look into getting a Bamboo tablet, by Wacom. I've seen them as low as $70.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

The arrowkeys are not dynamic, they can only shift the size when the mouse button is up, not while painting.

Mic

Yeah Micmac, I found that out the hard way after writing.. actually TAPER-function had me fooled for a short moment.

@ Claudine - You may consider a Bamboo like Someonesane suggest, it is about 11 mm thick. To make it more comfortable for you - maybe put it on a piece of plywood extendeing on two sides of the tablet. If you are righthanded, extend the plywood on the right side and the lower side (towards your body) and get some soft material glued to these parts thus building up a comfortable place to rest your wrist on while working with the stylus. You could get the wristsupport at the same height as the tablet surface that way. For soft material that would work I am thinking of the kind of workout-mat one would use doing Pilates practices , they would have the thickness needed. They come relatively cheap and you could cover it with velour for comfort. If you need someone to do it for you i think a furniture upholstery business (tapissiers..?) could do it relatively easy for you.
    I have some problems with my neck and lower back (several disc-herniations) so I have a big (A2) tablet that is leaning from the edge of the desk down in my lap which makes it more comfortable for my arms.

Thank you everybody !

Your remarks and advice are very interesting. I am going to think about it. My arm cannot stretch more than 90° but there is certainly a solution.

Good night !
    Windows 10 - Surface
    ArtRage 5
    Draw and paint with a simple corded mouse.
    My gallery: http://500px.com/cb6973