ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Cintiq 24HD Touch trouble

Cintiq 24HD Touch trouble

Hi guys

Congratulations on the new release of Artrage. It's awesome so far.

One thing that doesn't seem to work for me is the touch function. Every time touch is turned on, the screen registers both pen input and touch. I have the same problem in photoshop. I'm running windows 8, and everything seems to be working fine out in the OS.

In Painter, touch works perfectly. I'm using the newest Wacom driver.

To clarify a bit: When I draw with the palm of my hand resting on the screen, both my palm and the pen tip registers which results in the cursor jumping from point to point. Normally I'd expect the touch functionality to turn of while the pen is in proximity to the screen. Is this normal behaviour?

If you check your input preferences try turning Use Wintab on and Use Realtime Stylus off, that should revert ArtRage to using the old input standard and Wacom's non-RTS touch gestures which are the systems used by most other applications that haven't implemented support for the current standard.

We've just tried here and seen a very occasional problem, but it looks like the Cintiq is registering the palm briefly before the stylus touches it.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Hi Matt, thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunally the problem persists. Both pen and touch registers at the same time. Any other suggestions as to what could be wrong?

From what I can see it's a Cintiq issue. Because the device is registering touch it can get in to a situation where it's submitting both touch and pen events at the same time. We don't see this frequently with the Cintiq 24 but we have seen it once or twice. Technically, the Realtime Stylus option is the correct one for the Cintiq as it's an integrated screen input device so you could try reverting to that and turning on Precise Tablet Mode in the ArtRage input preferences which has been known to change the behaviour of the input device from time to time (there's something odd relating to some drivers broadcasting non HD tablet events).
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Matt, has this been fixed ?
    I am considering buying a cintiq 13 HD , and like to know any caveat before ...ideally