ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Can I gift my current copy of ArtRage?

Can I gift my current copy of ArtRage?

Backstory: I bought ArtRage Studio 3.5 through artrage.com, I registered it in the Member area. Several months later I bought AR3 Studio Pro through Steam cause it was on crazy sale one day. So I have purchased two separate versions of AR.

It got me thinking if I could gift the regular version to someone else. The problem is, my serial number is registered with my Member account.

FIRST Question: If I give that serial to my friend will they be able to register it and get the installer? Can I unregister the serial, therefore allowing them to do that? (I know I could just give them the serial and installer, but if they want to register it themselves I would like them to be able to.

SECOND Question: There has been some talk about allowing a Steam purchased copy of AR to be registered in the artrage.com Member account which would allow a direct download of the installer and therefore bypassing the notoriously-hated Steam online authorization at each program launch. Is there any headway to this?

The reason I ask these two questions in tandem is because I want to upgrade to AR4 and with discounts it costs the same either if I upgrade the Steam-purchased copy of Studio Pro or the artrage.com purchased copy of Studio. Therefore if I'm just stuck with the two copies (unable to gift the other), then I will prefer upgrading through artrage.com to avoid the Steam eccentricities. But if I AM allowed to gift the older version, I may put up with Steam to allow my friend to enjoy it as well. And if I have the ability to register the Steam purchase on the artrage.com Member account (either of AR3 Pro OR the upgraded AR4), then that will make me even happier.

Thoughts?

If you want to gift one of your copies we can look at helping with that - However, we're only able to do it for the non-Steam version. The Steam version is basically locked to the Steam client and we can't access your data the way we can with direct sales.

However however - ArtRage 4 on Steam doesn't use the Steam DRM system, and we will be wrapping that functionality back in to ArtRage Studio Pro on Steam as well.

If you drop us a note at support@artrage.com with your member details we should be able to help.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

I was wondering that same thing. Since I just 3.55 a couple of months back I've been thinking about giving my 3.55 to a young girl that loves to draw. Now I have the answer.

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/