ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AR 4 crashes

AR 4 crashes

Hello,
    I have the following problem on my ArtRage 4.0.1 - the program crashes, mostly in the middle of choosing a colour from the colour wheel when in Workbench mode, but also when importing a PSD file. This has happened already 5 times, independently of the size of the file I'm working on. I don't have many clues regarding what could be causing this - I don't do any processor-intensive tasks. My illustrations are mostly scanned drawings that I colour with the watercolour brush. Anyway, I add to this message the two last crash logs, hoping you can perhaps figure out what is causing the crash.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Mikołaj

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AR4crash1.pdf 
Views:	44 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	73327Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AR4crash2.pdf 
Views:	43 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	73328

crash logs

I had to upload the crash logs as PDFs (no txt or zip allowed), but they show up in the forum as black squares. They can be viewed in any PDF reader, though...

Mikołaj

Thanks for the reports. If you get any more could you email them to support@artrage.com with information on what you were doing at the time of the crash? We'll look in to them.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

My ArtRage 4.0.1 crashes whenever I try to import an Image file. I can import to a layer but when I pick "Import image file", it will get about a third of the way through the process bar then a box comes up and says ArtRage has stopped working and then it will restart. I have tried it on png and jpg. It doesn't matter if it is large or small. They open just fine in Studio Pro. I like to open the file rather than import to layer so the size is not effected.

I can work around it but it is a pain.

Windows 7, i5 processor, 16GB RAM.
    Aunt Betsy

My Zazzle store:
    Aunt Betsy's Celebration Art

Are you importing PSD files? We've found a problem in the PSD importer that could be causing this and we've fixed it in the build we're currently testing for release. If not, drop us a note at support@artrage.com and send us one of the files that's crashing and we can look in to it.

Update: Just checked and it sounds like the problem could also occur for non PSD files. It should be fixed in the new update but please send us a file anyway just so that we can be sure.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

I just wanted to thank Dave and the rest of the ArtRage team for fixing the problem I was having with importing png and jpg files.

DaveRage and I sent several emails back and forth testing and getting to the root of the problem.

I am very happy to say that the 4.0.2 update fixed the problem and is working very well. No more crashes.

Thanks again Dave and the ArtRage team. This is the best software support I have ever had.
    Aunt Betsy

My Zazzle store:
    Aunt Betsy's Celebration Art

Artrage 4 crashes on Mac OS

Hi!
    First of all I really LOVE Artrage, it's my most important medium for work. I used to work on windows but a few days ago I started work on Mac ( I have Apple MacBook Pro Retina 15" MC975) I bought Artrage 4. Now after several days of work I found that it crashes too often ( I never had such a problem on Windows, but I used Artrage Studio Pro then). Nowdays it regularly crashes after I use "Cut" function or want to import a new texture to a layer. Today I reinstalled it and then updated it to the last version but the problem hasn't gone. I'm so disappointed with it. Hope you can help me.
    Kind regards,
    Natasha

We've received your email and have sent you a reply with a request for crash logs so that we can look at what's happening in your particular case. We'll continue to troubleshoot this with you via email.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Same here too.. upgraded to AR4 today. Having to import images using Artrage 2, then reopen in Artrage 4. I have emailed Crash log.

Sent you a troubleshooting email - The problem you're seeing is different as it's happening in a thread spawned by the OS that isn't actually related to ArtRage. Hopefully one of the steps I sent will resolve it for you.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.