ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iris Painting Underway

Iris Painting Underway

This is my 'default' painting at the moment, i.e. the one I open up and chip away at when I have a little time to spare. I am about 3/4 of the way through, with a bit of fiddling down the bottom, and a lot of resolving the background to do. Mostly Ink Pen and Blender, but working towards a watercolour style. I know when I do wc natural media, I make pools of colours and work within those pools, rather than do large washes.The same seems to be happening here. I select an area and work in that, then move on to the next.

Attachment 73309
    Last edited by copespeak; 02-18-2013 at 09:34 AM.

That's wonderful. I'm amazed that you're using the inkpen for this. It works very well. I'll have to play with that idea.

Do you know the NZ painter Rita Angus? She loved to paint irises and this reminds me of her work. She was a breathtaking watercolourist, I think.

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

No, I've never hear of her, but have just looked her up, and she has a really unique style. Irises are so decorative, with lovely fluid lines. I grow some specially to paint.

This is so lovely and i to am somewhat surprised at you using the pen for this .
    It sure works whatever the tool.
    Geoff
    ( Hope things are getting better for you )

What a lovely piece of work, Copespeak. The blue and yellow of irises naturally sing together. Your style appeals to me very much.
    My personal blog Slices of my life.

Thank you Geoff and Lin.

Yes, I am feeling somewhat better Geoff, but time heals, and the memory is fading a little.

Now, to my painting. Here is the updated version. My shoulders are aching and it's time for a cuppa!

Attachment 73319

Ink Pen and blender is the best way for me to achieve my style of watercolour as I work in patches. I use the select tool a lot, and layers, so the colours don't muddy up when I blend... if that's what I looking for.

I'll look at it for a while now and see what needs doing. Bits need to be tightened up, I think.
    Last edited by copespeak; 02-18-2013 at 03:29 PM.

Well Robyn having studied it for a while it is really good, very talented.
    Geoff

Wonderful again. You really have an eye for both line and colour!

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

I thought I would just pop in a close up, so you can see how it works. There's no watercolour paper, or stencils involved, just the big frost blender.

Attachment 73330

I might put in some texture at the end when everything else seems right.

These are beautiful

I love the way you have handled the color.