ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Transfering painting from the ipad to the computer without syncing ipad?

Transfering painting from the ipad to the computer without syncing ipad?

I have an Ipad two with art rage on it. The iPad is linked to my I-tunes account which is also on my computer. But I've never synced the I-pad to the computer, just updates from the settings on my settings on the pad. To be frank the way the computer is right now I don't know for sure it will handle it. As it crashes with my iPhone (although iPhone has way way more on it). I'd like to put my pictures I have created so far on my art rage app to my computer and then to an external hard drive.

I have seen the send to iTunes option on each picture in my artrage gallery. Am I right in understanding that if I choose that option that I can then retrieve the picture from iTunes on my computer without having to physically connect my pad to the computer with a wire? Do I need the art rage studio program on the computer do this as well?

And if I choose to record the painting so that later I can go back on art rage to make the painting bigger in size. Can I still send it through to iTunes without the hardware connection and can I do that before buying and installing artrage studio to the computer?

thanks in advance.

a rather confused me

I use dropbox. I cant do it thru apple because my computer wont recognize my Ipad (wonder what I did)

When you send your exported files to iTunes, you are placing them in Apple's shared file space, so you would need to synch your iPad with your computer with iTunes to view / copy them. Your gallery images are located in the same place. Exported files can be viewed in other applications, but ArtRage's own file format can only be read by ArtRage.

If you can't connect the iPad to your computer, you could use the export to email option to email yourself exported png / jpg versions of your paintings. Or you could use dropbox.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thank you.

so if I want to make my paintings much larger.. Say for the purposes of zazzle.
    and I'm creating paintings at their largest size possible on the ipad (2048x2048) what would my best option of transfer be? Using the record feature and syncing ipad?
    i am assuming the only way to sync my ipad is the FireWire or what ever it is called right? Because right now even though I have never physically connected the ipad to the computer. Anything I download app wise turns up on my I phone too. Also my text messages are simultaneously coming to the ipad as well as the iPhone. So that's not the same as syncing? Right?

perhaps an external hard drive would be a solution? Could I load the art rage program to that and operate it from the external hard drive?

With large files the easiest way to transfer them is directly through a wired sync, that is to say you plug your iPad in to a computer that has iTunes and iTunes recognises it and allows you to get files off it. That's Apple's method for transferring data over wire. Wireless transfer is limited to Dropbox in ArtRage, or email if the painting isn't too large.

If you're creating large images I would suggest connecting your iPad to a desktop computer and using that to transfer them, you can also back your data up to the desktop hard drive from there.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Talking dropbox

I'd recommend Dropbox. It's always worked seamlessly for me and it doesn't downsize the files. You can set up an account for free at the website www.dropbox.com and then once that's done, you can choose the "Store Online" option for the picture in the gallery (via the box with the arrow in it). You'll have to set up the Dropbox link the first time, and I believe you need to have the Dropbox app on your iPad to do that. Once you've uploaded it to your Dropbox, it's available on your computer (you need the Dropbox app there, too) as an Artrage file. Once you get everything set up and apps installed, it's so easy.

Want to transfer painting from iPad to computer, and get it by following steps:
    1. Turn your computer and iPad on.
    2. Connect your iPad with your computer.
    3. Open iTunes and select "Photos" under iPad.
    4. Click and drag the desired painting to your desktop and it will be transferred to your computer.