ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: one hot...one cold

one hot...one cold

I couldn't decide so I did one of each lolol......as always your comments are appreciated Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hott.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	73250 Name:  icensnow.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  37.7 KB
    .................................................. .............................
    There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.
    Author Unknown

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

Well done Moosie, you really have got the feeling of hot and cold in these two
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Both good. Love the cool one. We're stinking hot in Oz at the moment.

Well done Moosie being in cold Canada i vote for the hot one, maybe it will melt our snow
    Geoff

Thank you Thank you... ...I have to say that after 40 years of living in northern Canada snow doesn't take much imagination lol ............ Tropical heat, on the other hand...well enough said lol ......now if my enter key would actually work in this forum I could have separate sentences instead of everything running together
    .................................................. .............................
    There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.
    Author Unknown

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

Fabulous. Love the orange one owing to the subtlety. Really swell painting.

The blue one is nice as well. I would mind the point that the river creates lunging toward the tree's stomach, as it were. I think a good rule to consider is rather than creating a tangent or intersection of three major lines like that, you might consider raising the snowbank a little before the point touches the tree. It also keeps it from being a directional pointer that leads the eye. It's not uncommon to run into that kind of thing while painting and I always toss in a break to keep it from becoming an unwanted focal point. This is just a suggestion for composition. Otherwise it rocks.

I really love the new side of your painting you've been showing us. Shows that you have skills. How much have you painted before coming to ArtRage?
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thank you I have absolutely no training or experience of any sort, have never even owned 'real' paint brushes ...this is all because of artrage
    Author Unknown

Then you're one quick study! Brava!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

moosie, they are both great and interesting, the snowy one looks like the view from my windows but then I like the cold snowy weather ArtRage is fun isn't it
    Last edited by justjean; 02-17-2013 at 06:02 AM.

moosie,
    You have well captured the contrast between hot summers
    and frigid winters in these appealing paintings to the point
    that I am now craving an ice cold Lemonade and a hot
    steamy mug of Ovaltine ... both at the same tiime. Well
    painted!
    Mairzie Dotes