ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lock Rotation on Oil Brushes Missing?

Lock Rotation on Oil Brushes Missing?

Am I out of the loop or did the lock rotation checkbox on oil brushes disappear? I swear, we used to have the option of either or, but it's not in the palette now. Bug?

On ArtRage Pro, where was this option ? I am very very interested. I am deperately looking for it !

As far as I know, the only tool with a position lock was the flat knife and the edge knife...tho a lock on the oil brush would be wonderful
    .................................................. .............................
    There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.
    Author Unknown

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

I don't recal ever having an option to lock the Rotation of the oil brush. There's one on the palette knife though, which can be used to apply paint with the loading on.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

On ArtRage 4, is it now possible to do it ?

nope, sorry..ArtRage 4 doesn't have it either .
    .................................................. .............................
    There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.
    Author Unknown

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

I think it is not impossible, is it ? What does the ArtRage team think about that ?

I actually download the old one to check. It did not have a rotation lock, it tracked mouse movement like many of the other brushes. The new one only has a lock (well and 6D artpen support), so that is win. If I have to chose one or the other, I'd chose the locked all the time with the wacom support anyway.

I work with the mouse, but one can always hope !

My birthday is in April, the art team does not want to make me a iittle present with that option ?

In ArtRage 4 specifically, you will get locked rotation appearance by setting the brush aspect slider to a high value ( making it narrow and tall rather than round ), then setting the reotation slider to the angle you want ( 100% = 360 degrees )

While the cursor will still follow as it normally does, you will then notice that your brush stroke is narrower / wider depending on the angle of the stroke. I hope this helps!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design