ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: LEGS - Frustrated!

Exclamation LEGS - Frustrated!

Frustrated with the two different styles I did on the legs. Darker skin is very difficult when the darkest color any pencil will do is grey and not black.

The Right leg was done with the Pencil and the Blender.
    The Left leg was done with Pencil.

I like them both but I think the Right Leg Style is more interesting and artistic, while the Left Leg Style is more traditional. What do you think?

Either way I love the upgrade to AR4!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Legs.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	294.8 KB 
ID:	73228

My Gallery: http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/23895 - you have to login to view Mature Content
    My Website: www.jeffreyscottmoore.com
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/jsmartist - Please take a moment visit my page and LIKE it!

you mentioned the pencil would not go black for you. Something you could try is select your Airbrush tool and at the top n the settings pod change the blend mode from normal to color burn and as you airbrush over the leg the color will darken.
    I'll be with you in the squeezing of a lemon. ('_')
    www dot marking paper dot blogspot dot com

Well I prefer the right leg as the muscle tones are more precise and more realistic.
    Geoff