ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Image orientation question

Image orientation question

An image called "Heart" I posted today displays correctly (vertically) on the Forum when viewed on my Windows 7 laptop, but incorrectly (horizontally) on my iPad and iPhone ... I uploaded an iPhone 5 image to AR 4, converted it to .jpg ("export image") and then posted it to the Forum ... Does anyone have an explanation and/or a fix?
    Last edited by chinapete; 02-15-2013 at 09:26 AM.
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

No but it displays differently oriented between my iMac (dark at bottom) and my iPhone 4s (dark to the left).
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Is it possible you have the rotation lock on? If so, turn it off.

Not the case with me, if I understand you correctly. With mine the attached pic does not orient to the page differently regardless of how I tilt the iPhone. The whole screen orients with the tilt of the iphone, but the pic remains aspected to that page (ie. if I turn the iphone on its side the whole page turns with all contents, including text, graphics and attachments).
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

D Akey, thanks for letting me know you are seeing what I'm seeing ... I posted this question here because I'm not entirely sure it is related to AR 4, but it happened right after I installed and used AR 4, and I was wondering if I'm missing a setting somewhere ... But it may not have anything to do with AR, so I'm just asking in general if anyone has experienced this going from one platform to the other ... Screenpainter, thanks, I think it's more the orientation of the image relative to the page layout, than the page relative to the screen, as D Akey says ...
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

I experineced the same situation and this was due to the rotation lock on.But your case seems to be more complicated.I will look into this and update here soon.