ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: [solved] ArtRage 4 Not Working Well At All

[solved] ArtRage 4 Not Working Well At All

I upgraded from Studio Pro a little while ago and as it stands right now it is unusable for me. Lines are skipping, there is no pressure sensitivity at all.
    I have fiddled with different settings within brushes, pencils, and pen, as well as preferences. I have rebooted the computer, I have changed settings in the Wacom control panel, etc. All to no avail.

I closed it and opened Studio Pro and it works as it always has, beautifully, nice flowing lines, pressure sensitivity etc.

As it stands right now I feel as if upgrading to ArtRage 4 was a waste of time and money, I hope there will be patches very soon. Since ArtRage Studio Pro is still working perfectly I am assuming this is a problem with the program rather than my computer.

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit with Intel Core i7 processor and 16 GB RAM, ATI Radeon 1GB video.

I have been a part of the Beta Testing Group, so have been using it for quite a time. I can tell you AR 4 is fantastic. Every bug we picked up was promptly dealt with by the team. It is all Studio Pro was and far far more.

Be patient and put your specific issues to the AR boys and they will talk you through it.

I downloaded mine yesterday...absolutely no problem with it...except I've been spending far too much time having fun with it
    .................................................. .............................
    There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.
    Author Unknown

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    I have been a part of the Beta Testing Group, so have been using it for quite a time. I can tell you AR 4 is fantastic. Every bug we picked up was promptly dealt with by the team. It is all Studio Pro was and far far more.

Be patient and put your specific issues to the AR boys and they will talk you through it.

Thank you, actually I thought that by posting here I was putting my issues to the AR boys.

Hi Claudia.
    Sorry about the delay replying - we're in the GMT +12 timezone so we were asleep when your query came in.
    Under the ArtRage Preferences (in the menubar, in the 'Edit' menu) you'll see the 'Input Device' section.
    There are three options in there which can change the way stylus input works in ArtRage:
    'Use Realtime Stylus'
    'Use Wintab'
    'Precise Tablet'

Unfortunately with the huge possible variations of hardware, input devices, and driver versions it's very hard for us to know how your system is going to respond to graphics tablet input. In general if you have a Wacom graphics table, turning on 'Use Wintab' and turning off 'Use Realtime Stylus' will give the best results. 'Precise Tablet' may improve the smoothness of the strokes of some of the tools.
    If you change those settings you will need to close and restart ArtRage.

If that doesn't help try turning on Realtime Stylus and turning off Wintab.

It always pays to make sure you have the latest drivers for your graphics tablet as well. If there is a new driver available from your graphics tablet vendor install that and restart your computer.

If none of that helps sent a note to support@artrage.com and our resident superhero will step you through some other things to try.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Thank you, setting use Wintab seems to have fixed it.

This is my 4th attempt to reply as it keeps saying my reply was blocked.

Feel free to email me at support@artrage.com with the text of the message you're seeing when you try to post and I can take a look at that for you.

Glad to hear that things are working now for you. As Artrage 4 also has updated tablet support, you may also find it worthwhile updating your tablet drivers is an update is available.

Moving this to tech support
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

I am not finding any problems but in my preferences menu I don't have the 3 options of Use Realtime stylus, Use Wintab or Precise tablet it just has about using the mouse, am I missing something.
    I am on a imac with a wacom intuous 4 tablet.

Sorry forget what I have just written, I have found the section in the manual, I don't have those options on the Mac.
    Last edited by Saphire; 02-15-2013 at 11:13 AM.
    Christine.(Paint what you see, not what you know to be there)

Artrage Magazines https://app.box.com/s/6ybcbpnu1rw3tqee40hge5eb7eag6on6

http://saphire1948.deviantart.com/gallery/

Quote Originally Posted by Saphire View Post
    I am not finding any problems but in my preferences menu I don't have the 3 options of Use Realtime stylus, Use Wintab or Precise tablet it just has about using the mouse, am I missing something.
    I am on a imac with a wacom intuous 4 tablet.
    Fear not Saphire, those settings are only for the Windows users, not us Mac people.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

For clarification, OS X has inbuilt high resolution tablet support, and one standard for tablet input, so doesn't need the extra settings. It definitely simplifies things!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design