ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Inconspicuous Color Picker

Inconspicuous Color Picker

The great majority of functioning tools on the Working Bench Mode screen, can't be tracked by a screening movie grab program. Simply they just don't appear in the final movie. Why? I don't know!, Maybe Dave or Matt can explain that for us.

On the other hand, an static photo of these tools can be grabed by the same grab program, with exception for the color picker. So I photographed the pc screen to show the inconspícuous color picker, so that firstly, this subject is reported here, and, secondly, many of those members using AR4 for the first time, stay tuned to this detail.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Lima; 02-15-2013 at 08:29 AM.

on the Mac the colorpicker is partly hidden by the menuline

Mic

What screen recorder are you using? CamStudio seems to record them just fine: LINK
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Regarding screen recording, it may be that the screen recording software is recording the contents of one Window and ignoring other windows, so as floating panels are their own separate windows they get ignored. That's a guess though. You could check if your screen recording software has an option for it's source like 'window', 'all screen contents' or something like that.

Micmac - On OS X the operating system's menu bar will be above all floating panels, so you may see the top of the popup colour picker get overlapped by the bar, but I've taken a note of this and we'll look into it.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    Someonesane, your link https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27387217/panelshow.wmv did not open in my PC; (panelshow.wmv (objeto video/x-ms-wmv) nil
    Last edited by Lima; 02-15-2013 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    Regarding screen recording, it may be that the screen recording software is recording the contents of one Window and ignoring other windows. You could check if your screen recording software has an option for it's source like 'window', 'all screen contents' or something like that.
    Dave, thank you. You are right. I use Snagit from TechSmith and there it was in video capture preferences: Capture layered windows. I've checked that and it works perfectly.

Terrific. Thanks

Just for the record
    Attached Images Attached Images