ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I really like ArtRage4 very much.

I really like ArtRage4 very much.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1st AR4 painting.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	73195

I really enjoy the new "Workbench Mode" and the "Stiffness" setting for the Oil Brush. I also like the Cloner and the distortion settings for the Transform tool! Is thre an over all speed improvement? Is there? It feels like the painting smoothness, the flow and the feeling is much better.

Now, I have to go on examining the new version deeper to get the full picture of this version of ArtRage.

Thank you AR team!
    Henry Stahle (a.k.a. Sweedie)

Oh yes. I agree whole heartedly!
    That Workbench Mode is fantastic and worth the upgrade alone. Although the addition of the cloner, the symmetry tool and the bristle spacing are sweet indeed. I have also noticed the general improvement in the way things work such as the canvas zoom tool disc for instance - I used to find this a bit sticky and now its as smooth as velvet and as fast as a Ferrari! - I love it, its such a useful thing!!!

Three loud cheers to the Team
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. (Mark Twain)

And once i thought it's not possible to get better, it does. Congratulations Artrage Crew and huge Thank you! You are the best!

Henry, I agree. It's a really great upgrade. I am thinking it may be smoother because they work so tirelessly on the code with all these changes when a new version come out. I don't think it is our imagination. It really does perform much smoother. I love the workbench and the toolbox features. And the ability to add scraps and use them as a mixing palette. Awesome.

btw, that is a beautiful painting Henry.

Smile

Henry, what a great, joyful painting—the colours & textures just sing out!

I am very interested to read these great reports of ArtRage4. So far, I have only used the iPad version (which I bought mainly to test out what I'd heard from other artists). Have been very impressed with
    that but also a tad frustrated by the tablet's limitations. So have since been itching to get the full desktop version but needing to wait for a new PC(Win8). The arrival of that has coincided very nicely with the new AR4.

I'm intrigued by the "workbench" mode you all like...! Looking forward to downloading & getting to know what it can do..

WoooHoooooooooo!!!!!!!!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I'm very pleased with Art Rage 4 too! I've been talking about it with my fellow artists at the studio where I work and many are interested, even enthused about getting into it. I'm in the initial phase of planning a class here at the studio to introduce folks to the tools and techniques. I'm very excited about it.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Quote Originally Posted by screenpainter View Post
    ..And the ability to add scraps and use them as a mixing palette...
    Really??.. am not sure I understand correctly but can only see the ability to add color samples via the toolbox. Perhaps this is what you mean by adding scraps? however how do you create a mixing pallete?

Sorry if I've misunderstood, but you caught my interest with this point

Thanks
    R.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. (Mark Twain)

Quote Originally Posted by Rowena View Post
    Really??.. am not sure I understand correctly but can only see the ability to add color samples via the toolbox. Perhaps this is what you mean by adding scraps? however how do you create a mixing pallete?
    It's the center option on the Reference panel. When you create it, it will be a blank square. Draw on it, like you would the canvas.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scrap.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	149.3 KB 
ID:	73249
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Love it, thanks to the ArtRage Guys for all their hard work