ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heart

Heart

Ink on rice paper retouched on iPhone 5 and reprinted ...
    ps: no idea why this image displays vertically on my laptop but horizontally on my iPhone and iPad (it should be viewed vertically, darker at the bottom) ...
    edit: testing reformatted image
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by chinapete; 02-15-2013 at 06:36 AM.
    xiěy, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

Like a swinging gate in the open position. Not a bad idea for a heart. Happy Valentine's Day wishes. I think this should be a character in every alphabet.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Very lovely!

It looks like a cursive version of the character (zi) for heart.

Such an oriental feel

The color does speak of heart.

I like this kind of tight rope you're walking between digital and natural media, Pete. I'm curious about the affects it's having on your work. For example, this piece was painting with natural media, scanned and altered, and then reprinted. What's the interest in that process for you? Is the reprinting offering a change in final product for you? Or is it more about having the physical object to engage with (a totally legitimate desire, IMO, btw)? Do you have a copy of the "original" versus the digitally altered and re-printed one? It would be very interesting and informative to see your process...

A nice piece.
    Check out and submit to the thread on Watercolor WIPs in Artrage-- lots of good tips and conversation
    My YouTube video tutorial series- How to Paint with Watercolors in Artrage
    Try out the free
    Artrage Pen-Only Toolbar to improve your workflow and reduce clutter
    List of other good tutorials on using watercolors in Artrage
    List of good sticker sprays for watercolor effects in Artrage

My blog- art, poetry and picture books- http://www.seamlessexpression.blogspot.com/

Blimey. Wants. A new valve. The old one is leaking.

I began the day by reflecting on the character for "heart" in Chinese, which in its original form quite clearly is a picture of the physical heart and its chambers ... So Docsmith, you are right, it is the character "xin" (modern 心) written in the "kaishu" (regular script) style ...

Thank you copespeak and Marilyn Anne, with all the attention on super-computers and cognitive neuroscience these days, what the heart knows too often is neglected ...

D Akey, that's a great connection between the heart and the open door, an interpretation I hadn't seen before you said it ...

Steve B, thank you so much for asking ... You know,for pretty much everything I do, I view the process as more important than the result ... But now with digital art it is possible to share the transitory steps along the way, and so I do ... To get the precise red I wanted against a tinted background, I thought of inks on rice paper first, and then the challenge became how represent that digitally so others could see it ... The original was executed in two brushstrokes, with the dot on the left as one stroke, then the hooked stroke and the two other dots done in a single stroke ... Digitally, I decided to break the design into three strokes, I don't know why ...

haha, eighty+, the tell-tale heart ...
    xiěy, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

It was evident to me that, once suggested by the title, it was a heart and, simultaneously, an ideogram for it. It looks like I guessed right. You show here also a very good calligraphic hand I think.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!