Thread: how to make the brush pass onto 2 colors ?

Gallery
    View images

how to make the brush pass onto 2 colors ?

On real painting, I could wet a flat brush half part over one paint and half part over another paint, making a two colored stroke. it's a pretty powerfull effect

Is that possible in artrage?

[]s

Gallery
    View images
    You can lay down two colours next to each other, then, with auto clean and insta dry turned off, drag your brush along the meeting point to pick up both colours.

This would give you the effect I've shown below. You can also hit undo once after picking up the two colours the first time, make your stroke, pick up from the two colours again, undo, make another stroke and so on, so that you preserve the two original coloured strokes. The colour of the paint on the brush head is not undone when you press undo.

If I don't pick up from the original colours again, you'll see that with progressive strokes, the colour will shift towards whatever colour I've chosen in the colour picker.

I used a brush of moderate size with the default settings.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    thank you very much !! you guys really think in everything!

Also that brings me an idea. Because of that. i think we need an extra area outside the painting to things like that, put 2 dabs of paint together to have a two colored stroke, without using the painting area

It would look like that wood pallete where we put the paints on.

Or maybe we could 'save' this personal strokes as 'new custom n-colored stroked'

thats an idea : )

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for the suggestion!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    That's a good idea. Corel Painter IX has a mixing pallette off to the side, and it's my favorite part of the program.

I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of mixing pallette in AR as well: where you can lay down 2 or more colors, swirl them together (maybe add more white if necessary) then use the color picker and grab it for your painting.