ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Artrage4 crashes whereas AR3.5 does not

Artrage4 crashes whereas AR3.5 does not

hi there,
    I have an ls800 with win 7 and AR3.5. Everything works fine. wintab is disabled.
    Now i installed paralel AR4. With the predefined Settings it somehow worked, Then I wanted to chenge the settings to the AR3.5 one. Now the app crashes after I switched to the same Inputdevice settings as with AR3.5. I load it and then it crashes. I cannot get to the point there I could change the input device preferences back.
    Is there a posibility to start AR4 with default settings?

regards

Sorry to hear you're having problems. If you're getting a crash specifically when you change input settings, it may relate to the tablet driver as we've seen problems with tablet drivers which aren't providing normal realtime stylus input ( normally fixed by updating the driver ). ArtRage 4 has updated tablet input.

Here's how to reset ArtRage 4 to default without launching the application.

Run 'appdata' ( windows key+ R, enter 'appdata' then run )

Open Roaming -> Ambient Design -> ArtRage.

Delete the 'artrage4.prs' file

After doing this, could I get you to check whether ArtRage 4 launches normally, then if an update is available for your tablet drivers download it from the manufacturer's website, install it and check whether you still get the problem?

If you do, could you let me know which settings you're changing and at what point you're seeing the crash?

if you no longer see the problem, it would still be great to know, as well as what make and model of tablet you're using.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

thx for your kind help.
    it did work. enabled now are real time stylus and win tab
    if all 3 options are enabled it works but ar paints with an offset to the pointer
    if Wintab is disabled and precise tablet and realtime stylus is enabled it crashes
    with AR 3 this combination works perfect
    My model is Motion computing ls 800 with win7 wacom driver 7.1.0-8
    thanks again
    Last edited by Amyas; 02-16-2013 at 12:06 AM.

if you still have the crash after installing the latest driver, please email me at support@artrage.com and I can do some troubleshooting with you directly.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design