ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: AR4 script bug? ("merge result" option not available anymore)

Question AR4 script bug? ("merge result" option not available anymore)

hy there

in ArtRage SP 3.5 I was able to deselect "Merge Result" when playing a script like dropshadow.arscript or cutout.arscript (both can be found in this forum, I didn't edit or change them).
    in AR4 this option is not available anymore, which results in applying whatever the script does to the original layer.

as I am often not sure how the result will look like after playing the script, I used to deselect the option "merge result" which would then cause the script being applied to a copy of the original layer. I could then just delete this new layer when I was not satisfied with how the outcome looked like.

now I have to remember to copy my original layer each time before I play a script, so I don't have to undo all those steps the script did to get my original layer back. I find this a bit annoying, because I often forget to copy my original layer before playing a script

it would be great if this could be changed to work the same way it did in AR3.5
    thanks!

AR3:
    Name:  130213_script bug AR3.PNG
Views: 165
Size:  313.2 KB

AR4:
    Name:  130213_script bug AR4.PNG
Views: 165
Size:  157.4 KB
    Last edited by MSIE; 02-14-2013 at 04:47 PM.
    >>> MSIE's ArtRage Gallery <<<

"It's a living growing mutating art sculpture painting synthesis." (quote screenpainter)

Thanks for reporting this! I've taken a note of the problem so we can look into it.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Just a quick update on this. We've solved this problem in our internal build and it should be fixed in our next update.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

yay! good to know, thanks for the feedback, keep up the good work
    >>> MSIE's ArtRage Gallery <<<

"It's a living growing mutating art sculpture painting synthesis." (quote screenpainter)