ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: 3.55 to 4

3.55 to 4

I don't suppose there is a quick and easy way to migrate all my customizations from 3.55 to 4 other than making a big arpack?

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

sure there is

look here --> How to copy over ArtRage 3 Custom Resources
    >>> MSIE's ArtRage Gallery <<<

"It's a living growing mutating art sculpture painting synthesis." (quote screenpainter)

Keeping tools and customizations

You have to find the folders and combine them in one big one. The folders' names are all "Resources"
    There is one in C : \ Program Files (x86)\Ambient Design\ArtRage 4
    Another one is used for the custom addons at: C : \ Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Ambient Design\ArtRage

If you have windows7 you can merge them when you copy / paste them in same place. If not, manually merge the folders, keeping in mind that the names and structure have to be kept the same, so the presets can find the corresponding .png, .jpg, .stk files for each tool and canvas.

Always back up your Resource folders (especially the one in Program Files) by copying them and adding "backup" at the end of the name or whatever. Test the program, some files might not work well, no matter what.

Now i just have a giant folder with resources that I copy / paste in the AR folder (C : \ Program Files (x86)\Ambient Design\ArtRage 4) and I'm ready to go. (I don't even have to install the ARpacks again ).

Always backup!
    Have fun!

It works,
    Christine.(Paint what you see, not what you know to be there)

Artrage Magazines https://app.box.com/s/6ybcbpnu1rw3tqee40hge5eb7eag6on6

http://saphire1948.deviantart.com/gallery/

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    Thank you, Thank you very much (said in my Elvis voice).
    I made an arpack but it doesn't show on the preset list. I'll to it your way

Quote Originally Posted by alexart View Post
    You have to find the folders and combine them in one big one. The folders' names are all "Resources"
    There is one in C : \ Program Files (x86)\Ambient Design\ArtRage 4
    Another one is used for the custom addons at: C : \ Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Ambient Design\ArtRage

If you have windows7 you can merge them when you copy / paste them in same place. If not, manually merge the folders, keeping in mind that the names and structure have to be kept the same, so the presets can find the corresponding .png, .jpg, .stk files for each tool and canvas.

Always back up your Resource folders (especially the one in Program Files) by copying them and adding "backup" at the end of the name or whatever. Test the program, some files might not work well, no matter what.

Now i just have a giant folder with resources that I copy / paste in the AR folder (C : \ Program Files (x86)\Ambient Design\ArtRage 4) and I'm ready to go. (I don't even have to install the ARpacks again ).

Always backup!
    Have fun!
    Yeah, I know where the resource folders and copied the contents to ar4 resources but a lot of them don't show up.

Make sure that you're specifically following the instructions here:

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...stom-Resources

This will result in you having copied all custom user content from ArtRage 3 to ArtRage 4. This is also the easiest method.

If you are doing this, and you're having problems, please email me at support@artrage.com with the details and an example of some content which is in ArtRage 3 but not in ArtRage 4 after following the steps at the link above ( let me know where its located in ArtRage 3 - what preset group it's in and what it is , for example a sticker preset )

If you originally put your ArtRage 3 custom content in the actual application folder, rather than the folder for user content, then the process above won't work, but I can check through that with you.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Quote Originally Posted by Gms9810 View Post
    Yeah, I know where the resource folders and copied the contents to ar4 resources but a lot of them don't show up.
    Some resources are found in Users\******\Documents\ArtRage Paintings\Custom Content
    Check there too. They just have to be somewhere on your hard drive.
    And it's very important to keep the structure of the folders and the file names, so AR can find all of them.

Thanks Dave and team so much for the shortcut to do this. That makes it very easy to transfer.
    So glad my canvas and tool presets are not lost.
    we ought to have a sticky thread for this here in general chat. It is going to be a very common question for sure.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 02-14-2013 at 08:53 PM.