Thread: Introduction of a new ArtRage user

Gallery
    View images

Introduction of a new ArtRage user

Hello, I have been using ArtRage since the beginning of January. I've actually had it on my computer for a long time, but hadn't given it a serious look until I saw the art of Waheed Nasir.

Previously, I used Painter IX.5 and Photoshop CS2. I am hooked on ArtRage. I is a program made for me. My art is changing as a result of it. It is a perfect fit and has freed up my creativity.

Another artist said that ArtRage is bringing out the best in me, because I'm not focused on the program, therefore I am free to use my time for greater creative exploration. I agree.

I have been doing digital art since the beginning of 2005, Many decades ago I did a little painting but gave it up because I could never see an end to an image. Plus, I ended up with so many layers that the paint cracked. :lol:

I've learned so much in the last two years, and am hoping to use ArtRage as a transition tool back to traditional painting. I also plan to continue using ArtRage to work out my ideas before painting on canvas. I have a way to go yet.

I want to say a personal thank you for creating this wonderful program.
    I am going to submit some of my work to the Gallery so you can see the beginning of my ArtRage work, and in time I hope you will see growth.

Suzanne Burgos
    ARTWITHIN

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Suzanne, and welcome to the forums.
    Thanks very much for the praise of ArtRage. We enjoy writing it as much as you enjoy using it!
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    ARTWITHIN- Well said and welcome. I am pleased you have found AR and discovered it's true magic- that it is simple, and powerful allowing for creative flow that other more complex programs tend to stifle.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Gallery
    View images
    Welcome to the forum Suzanne 8)

Gallery
    View images

Thank you

Alll of you! I appreciate your warm welcome. You are such a nice group of artists here.
    "The artists' voice is her/his art. It becomes audible within the viewer." Suzanne Burgos Peace!

Gallery
    View images
    Hello there!,

I was the same as you,
    I stopped painting 'traditionally' then i found artrage last year,....

bad news: i havent gone back to traditional painting

good news: Every opportunity i get on the PC Im in ArtRage painting/practicing ...very addictive

Welcome to the forum
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

Gallery
    View images
    yes, very addictive...

Soon we'll introduce like this...

-Hello, I'm hanzz, I'm an ArtRage addict...
    -(crowd) Hello Hanzz !

welcome to the board, your life will never be the same again.... :wink:
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Gallery
    View images
    ENCHANTER and Hanzz, I agree completely that ArtRage is addictive. I'm definitely hooked. But I have no desire to seek help to break the addiction.

I also spend many hours each day with ArtRage and my Wacom. It is not only a joy, it is therapy. Maybe I'm addicted to "therapy". :lol:

At some point, I will go traditional, but I have no idea when. Past experience has taught me that I will know when it is time for me to begin that phase of training.

In the meantime, I will enjoy sharing with other ArtRage addicts!
    "The artists' voice is her/his art. It becomes audible within the viewer." Suzanne Burgos Peace!

Gallery
    View images
    ARTWITHIN.....hi there ....welcome to the forum and artrage maniacs ......hee hee

Gallery
    View images
    speggie, I will fit right in if that is the case. I am a maniac, but I try to be a nice one.