ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Pencil tool tilt support with Intuos 5 in Artrage 4? O_o'

Question No Pencil tool tilt support with Intuos 5 in Artrage 4? O_o'

Hi!

I just updated to the version 4.0 but after playing around with it, it seems that the only tool supporting Wacom Intuos 5 stylus tilt is the airbrush.

Is it normal or do I have a configuration problem?

note: I run Artrage on OSX 10.8 and still have Artrage Studio Pro 3.5 installed
    Last edited by Ray Ishido; 02-14-2013 at 03:52 AM.

I search more and found that the stylus property of the pencil tool doesn't have the tilt option as with the airbrush tool.
    I am quite disappointed to still have to set the tilt of the pencil tool manually. I really hope that it is a problem with my configuration because the claim of a better Wacom Tablet support was the main reason I upgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ishido View Post
    I search more and found that the stylus property of the pencil tool doesn't have the tilt option as with the airbrush tool.
    I am quite disappointed to still have to set the tilt of the pencil tool manually. I really hope that it is a problem with my configuration because the claim of a better Wacom Tablet support was the main reason I upgraded.
    Have to say I was disappointed by this omission too. But early days yet for AR4, so maybe one day...
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

There are some technical gotchas with changing the shape of the pencil head during rendered stroke production - We do want to include dynamic tilt however and we will be looking in to it as we update.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Hi Matt,

thank you for your answer. I'm waiting for it impatiently.
    Congratulation for the new release.

Ah, that's quite disappointing.

How about rotation?

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    There are some technical gotchas with changing the shape of the pencil head during rendered stroke production - We do want to include dynamic tilt however and we will be looking in to it as we update.
    I recently bought AR4 and an intros 5. Please include both tilt and rotation in the update for all drawing tools of relevance.

I too would like to see Tilt and Rotate supported by more tools, for what its worth.

Pencil is very clear, as others have noted. But I would love to see these features on the Watercolor tool just as much. A lot of us use Flat Headed brushes for watercolors, where it would be great to see Rotation in action. Simultaneously, being able to tilt the head of the Watercolor brush and either a) drag it across the grain or b) get a mark that has a thin tip as well as a fat base or c) accentuate the action of the bristles by tilting would be a wonderful and very fluid way of working with the tool that would seem much more natural.

I'm sure you guys are working on all sorts of things, but this is something that I'd appreciate. Might as well ask for what makes sense to me.
    Check out and submit to the thread on Watercolor WIPs in Artrage-- lots of good tips and conversation
    My YouTube video tutorial series- How to Paint with Watercolors in Artrage
    Try out the free
    Artrage Pen-Only Toolbar to improve your workflow and reduce clutter
    List of other good tutorials on using watercolors in Artrage
    List of good sticker sprays for watercolor effects in Artrage

My blog- art, poetry and picture books- http://www.seamlessexpression.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    I too would like to see Tilt and Rotate supported by more tools, for what its worth.

Pencil is very clear, as others have noted. But I would love to see these features on the Watercolor tool just as much. A lot of us use Flat Headed brushes for watercolors, where it would be great to see Rotation in action. Simultaneously, being able to tilt the head of the Watercolor brush and either a) drag it across the grain or b) get a mark that has a thin tip as well as a fat base or c) accentuate the action of the bristles by tilting would be a wonderful and very fluid way of working with the tool that would seem much more natural.

I'm sure you guys are working on all sorts of things, but this is something that I'd appreciate. Might as well ask for what makes sense to me.
    These features/expressions are indeed used by a majority of artists in every day real painting. I actually expected it to work with a graphical tablet such as Wacom Intuos 5. Please Artrage developers let me know your status on this topic and why it is so hard to find a solution. Many users desire these features which would help them out in their creative moments!

Status regarding pencil tilt is noted above. We do want to look in to expanding support for various stylus parameters where appropriate to the tool, but there's no status on that as a general item at this point.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.