ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: latest two Rusty Knight illustrations

latest two Rusty Knight illustrations

Having a week of from school,
    Making up for all the wasted time teaching troubled kids the correct spelling of four letter words...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hoofdstuk2.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	212.6 KB 
ID:	73107

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	treasury.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	218.5 KB 
ID:	73108

So many wonderful details. The more you look, the more you smile!!

I hope you never stop doing these illustrations , they always make me smile and I love to ponder them looking at all the content that you include.
    Geoff ( still smiling )

Brilliant and Bravo!!!!

On the first one, you going to extend the painted beams all the way out of the painting? The color's so strong that it looks like they were snapped off. A better alternative would be to fade the color off on the beams and leave the black lines as they are. The general rule is that the eye travels to areas of most contrast, and right now it's pretty contrasty there in a place that nothing is happening. Don't count on the cropping in print to cut it off. It's insurance if your fix it.

The rest of the picture is really amazing. You are so gifted and a great visual story teller. What a book this is!!!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Love it! Love it! Love it! Your work always brings a smile to my face. It would be great for little games of "I Spy..." with young friends - or even old ones!! "I spy with my little eye something beginning with ...."
    My personal blog Slices of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Brilliant and Bravo!!!!

On the first one, you going to extend the painted beams all the way out of the painting? The color's so strong that it looks like they were snapped off. A better alternative would be to fade the color off on the beams and leave the black lines as they are. The general rule is that the eye travels to areas of most contrast, and right now it's pretty contrasty there in a place that nothing is happening. Don't count on the cropping in print to cut it off. It's insurance if your fix it.

The rest of the picture is really amazing. You are so gifted and a great visual story teller. What a book this is!!!
    Thx for the feedback D Akey.
    Wil work on the beams and tone them down a bit!

Arjen

Love 'em! Would be really cool if you made one into a pop-up book or a dimensional painting like a diorama. L

What a refined couple of comics images! The eye pleasantly travel around them and get attracted by the intented focus! Your Rusty Knight effort really deserves all the success I wish You!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!