ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Understanding AR 4 and tilt/ rotation functions

Understanding AR 4 and tilt/ rotation functions

So, I feel a but sheepish about this, but I don't really know where these functions come into play in AR 4. Clearly, they're being highlighted and mentioned. However, I have only a tablet pc that doesn't offer these functions- it's only pressure sensitive. Is there a lit of what tools and setting currently take advantage of tilt and rotation?

Im pretty positive that watercolors currently doesn't use these functions. I'm pretty sure the Oil brush and Airbrush do. Beyond that, I'm in the dark. Does the pencil now use tilt? Ink tool? Perhaps an ink tool with an edge could use rotation?

Some sense of what this new function really does would be helpful. It's one of the few things that would actually alter my painting experience if I used a different tablet, etc. so it seems like it would be useful to understand better.
    Check out and submit to the thread on Watercolor WIPs in Artrage-- lots of good tips and conversation
    My YouTube video tutorial series- How to Paint with Watercolors in Artrage
    Try out the free
    Artrage Pen-Only Toolbar to improve your workflow and reduce clutter
    List of other good tutorials on using watercolors in Artrage
    List of good sticker sprays for watercolor effects in Artrage

My blog- art, poetry and picture books- http://www.seamlessexpression.blogspot.com/

I would also like to know if there is a way to get the Pencil tool to use my stylus tilt instead of having to change it by hand all the time. Seems like pressure is the only option in the stylus properties unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by womanonfire View Post
    I would also like to know if there is a way to get the Pencil tool to use my stylus tilt instead of having to change it by hand all the time. Seems like pressure is the only option in the stylus properties unfortunately.
    The Pencil Tilt is somthing that they are looking into. See Matt's post here; http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...409#post436409

As to other tools using Tilt and Rotation so far I've found Airbrush, possibly the Oil Brush and, surprisingly, the Clone Tool, (not sure why it needs it?)
    But a list of what tools take advantage of these functions would be good.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Off the the top of head, the Air brush, Gloop, Glitter, Clone (which I think is because they used the airbrush set up as base code to create it), and sticker spray tools, make use of an active tilt. I'd have to double check the rest.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Wacom tablet

I would also like to have either a tilt or rotate functions on the stylus. Although I'd be happy with a keyboard modifier to rotate similar to the SHIFT+drag which resizes the brush. I have an old Wacom Sapphire.

I don't believe the Wacom Graphire supported stylus tilt or rotation so that wouldn't be possible. Later tablets that do provide tilt and rotation information interact with those functions in ArtRage.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.