ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: need a tut please

need a tut please

on painting somewhat realistic evergreens, spruce, pines etc..I just can't seem to get the hang of it on my own and can't find anything in the list of tuts...help would be most appreciated
    .................................................. .............................
    There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.
    Author Unknown

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

Is this any help Moosie:

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...-Tree-Tutorial

Cheers

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Hey Moosie, I would look up how to paint a tree in the real world, not just with Artrage. There's nothing particular about ArtRage that will do it automatically. So once you have an idea how to paint a tree, you can try that in ArtRage, or at least it will give you a sticking point that you can specifically ask about.

Trees are one of the most common subjects and have been painted every way you can imagine. I think the essence of doing trees is to know how they're done in the style you're doing. And thereafter you can vary the heck out of the shape of them for your purposes. There's ornamental trees, fantasy trees, thick and thin, gnarled, saplings, grizzled, farmed, full, bare, oaks, ash, elms, pines, windswept, trimmed, scarred, burned, with leaves, needles, orange, red, green, purple, blue, yellow, brown leaves, fruited etc etc.

I did a quick search on Youtube and there's lots there. I would pick something that appeals to your taste and try to replicate the steps in ArtRage.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thank you
    .................................................. .............................
    There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.
    Author Unknown

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused