ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grandchild sleeping

Grandchild sleeping

... applying calligraphic technique to Western-style etching ... iPhone 5 with resident pencil on toned AR basic paper ...
    ... adding a second "print" from the same plate ...
    edit: moved second to a separate post
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by chinapete; 02-12-2013 at 09:33 AM.
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

Very nice! So, is the first "pull" an artist proof? Really like what you do with that iPhone of yours!

great stuff. love the classical look of this one.

Hi SP, thanks! and Lindae, that's the idea!

edit: moving the second print here for easier viewing
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Artrage Gallery

I like the red on blue (very Francesco Vanni!!) and I like that at first glance (for me anyway) there is no child there, and s/he appears out of the "mist." Like birth.

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Very old world and quite lovely.

Nice one, CP. Reminds me of those old carved sarcophagus covers in the floors of the main tourist cathedrals that have been worn down. For me thus it would be entitled "Ancestor Sleeping"

Incidentally, I am trying out Lima's tin foil wrapped around a cheap brush as a stylus. And also a cheap three pack for about 6 bucks little styluses with a rubbery tip. I want to exploit these and maybe work my way up to something more complex. Don't know what better means, but regardless, I'm experimenting with the portability of the iPhone 4s. Lots of promise. Still need to learn what I can't do compared with the full computer version of ArtRage and then really take it for some more joyrides. Still working on how to save with unique names and how to export it. For some reason it isn't sending. Oh well. New technology for me.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

copespeak, I've been admiring your recent Lily, as D Akey says, white is very difficult to handle -- it can go cold very quickly -- but your picture though it hasn't much color is filled with warmth ... Brett, I took a look at a Vanni, I see what you mean ... About the face appearing out of "the mist," it's truly amazing you say that, because it gets to my idea of "calligraphic" elements, by which I mean, I use the same small repertoire of brush strokes for faces, trees, landscapes, clouds ... so thank you for seeing that ...

D Akey, as simplified as AR Studio Pro may be, I think Steve B's ToolBar shows it always can be further simplified ... For efficiency, I like to have everything right at hand, and that for me is the definition of the AR on the iPhone UI ... Most people won't like that, and also will be unhappy with the very small acreage of the iPhone screen, but the motion of my hand doesn't change when I'm working small or large (usually in natural media, for drawing I'll choose BFK Rives 22x30) ...

Let us know how the homemade stylus works ... recently I saw notice of an ifaraday stylus, it appears to have a "cloth" tip and that's intriguing, and sells for a lot less than the Nomad brush (which I use on the iPad but not or not often on the iPhone) ...

As for production, when you save a painting on the AR app on the iPhone, you are brought to the Gallery view, and there you will see your files with the little red circles and white dashes through them ... If you swipe left to right on a circle, your keypad will appear and you can type in a custom file name ... When I'm ready for production, I "Send to Photos" and this basically places a copy of the image in my Camera Roll ... Then I open DropBox, select and upload, and the file appears on my Windows desktop (you need DropBox on the iPhone and on the desktop) ... By this time, any custom file name has been lost, so you have to rename to match your iPhone ... Alternatively, you can email the image to yourself from within the AR iPhone app ...
    Artrage Gallery

I'm as always admired in front of Your ability to turn signs into strongly evocative images!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I'm as always admired in front of Your ability to turn signs into strongly evocative images!

Thank you, Cesare, that could be a good definition of art, it's all abstract, no matter what the realists say ...
    Artrage Gallery