ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: The Lumber Yard

The Lumber Yard

This painting is full of stickers made from paintings done with the roller, knife and fill tool. I made the stickers with texture selected. These are the results.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Lumber Yard.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	482.4 KB 
ID:	73029  

I'd take a cord if I had a fireplace. That not being the case, I'd hang this one on the wall. Very, very pleasant to view. We all love firewood. It's been ingrained.

These wood textures are fantastic !!
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Excellent

BTW, how did you make the stickers?
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. (Mark Twain)

Rowena, the painting was done on a transparent background, no grain or roughness, when I was satisfied with the painting I wanted to use for the wood, I opened up "Edit" and I selected the layer content and cropped to the size of the image. I saved the painting as a PNG. You can do JPEG too. Make sure you save it where you can find it. I use the desktop. I opened up the sticker pod and selected "new". When the sticker page opens up, change the name of the sticker and select the group where you want to save the sticker, click in the "color" pane and select the painting you want to use for the sticker. Click on the "texture" pane and select the same painting you used for the "color". Select "Ok". When the sticker page closes, you should see your sticker in the sticker pod.

You can use the sticker spray tool to use your stickers. Open up the sticker spray, then click on "settings". You can find your sticker and use the sticker spray tool.

If you search "Youtube" for Judith Tramayne's tutorials, you can see a bit more clearly the making of stickers.

One of these days I will learn how to do screen shots to show what I do. Hope this explanation helps.

Bobbi
    Last edited by Bobbi; 02-12-2013 at 06:14 AM.

Thank you Bobbi

Making sticker tuts are out there for sure and one fine day I make the time to learn more... but in the meantime, congrats about the painting which you made into a Sticker its great!
    I had wrongly guessed that you might have used a stencil etc to create that super realistic look.
    Great job you did BTW, and thanks
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. (Mark Twain)

Hi Like it I Swear I can Smell Wood