ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Ghost layers?

Ghost layers?

Hi everyone!
    I'm experiencing a "new" trouble and hoping explaining it enough clearly, using some screen captures to show.
    Anytime I put layers on layers I get a "phantom" layer printed in the first layer I make (of course, being the one at the bottom of the layers pod).

Name:  AR_test 1.JPG
Views: 206
Size:  23.6 KB a view of actual painting layers pod

A) 1st layer with ghost
    B) sticker: not coloured in its layer, but in one higher (why?)
    C) lettering (deleted layer) showing as a ghost

This ghost layer always shows whatever I put on top of it. It's as a blank -or whatever colour I use to paint the 1st. one-, and gets anything I put on it (being it stickers, guys or text) and REMAINS for ever.
    No use of deleting it (the 1st.) or recolouring, with "fill" tool or whatever: the ghost remain and even when some layer is deleted, it remains too -the deleted imagen ghost-.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AR_test 2.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	73018 Here the ghost shows in the lettering layer (already deleted) and some parts of the guy retain the colour of the first layer I painted (light green) before re-colouring it in blue.
    I make sure I don't use any technical special like blend modes other than "normal" and have not "blocked" transparency of layers nor have any special than AR main tools switched on.
    • AR 3.5.5. (re-installed in order to see if working different)
    • bamboo pen & touch special edition (with last drivers)
    • Windows 7 Ultimate
    • Screen resolution: 1280x1024
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Does this happen only in that one painting, or can you get the same result with a new painting?

If you do, could you give me the exact steps you used to see the problem?

If not, do you still have the painting file which shows the problem?
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    Does this happen only in that one painting, or can you get the same result with a new painting?

If you do, could you give me the exact steps you used to see the problem?

If not, do you still have the painting file which shows the problem?
    Yes, I get it in any painting I start. Sometimes it difficults greatly my work, as phantom lines appear under the black lines of guys in any layer, giving the nasty impression of "double lines".
    Steps:
    1. open AR
    2. Either opening a new layer or just start sketching in the 1st one.
    3. Filling a layer to make a "background" for the painting -I usually change several times the colour of background/1st layer to see better the layers o parts of paintign which have a light colour (ex.: comic-balloon stickers/shapes, which have white background).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

So you're using the fill tool on a blank layer, but the other layers are affecting the fill? There's an option on the fill tool settings panel that will force the tool to ignore any layer except the selected layer. Could this be causing it?
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

That does sound like you have 'single layer' in your fill tool settings unchecked. With the fill tool selected, open the settings panel and check that option and the fill will then completely fill the blank layer rather than being limited by the contents of other layers.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thank you very much for the quick answer and interest in my (really) silly question. It was an unnoticed "single layer" uncheck in the fill/stickers tool. Now everything is OK.
    Sorry for being lazy to say you "thanks" Dave & Someonesane.

No problem at all, we're glad this helped!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design