ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the walker

the walker

Hello folks hope your all keeping well . this is my new work something different i think more like a water painting this time i call it the walker hope you like cheers john.
    o.d.a.a.t.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the walker 2.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	259.9 KB 
ID:	73016  

I really like it John. The strong colours, the lone walker highlighted against the almost white circle. The translucence of the leaves is very well done. It has an architectural feel to me, not sure why that is, but I like it.

Thanks

Brett
    Last edited by hypotaxis; 02-11-2013 at 07:30 AM.
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

What a lovely painting! The watercoloury effect really lends itself to the lighter trees on the right and into the dstance.

I like everything about this, John. But the quality of light and the spatial depth you have created particularly appeal to me. This is another cracker from you!
    My personal blog Slices of my life.

Great feeling of distance, John. The colors are framing the focal point really well and I think it makes it a hopeful scene. I can almost smell those autumn leaves! L

A harvesting time, perhaps.

Aside from the literal interpretation of someone going into that space for a proper walk in the park, it further implies through the exaggerated pools of intense rich color that there are artistic, poetic or introspective flashes of insight to be had along that walk.

It suggests to me what happens to an artist when walking and their eye lands upon a beautiful scene or something gels inside them, not unlike when someone is walking through a sculpture garden or a long museum gallery where certain paintings on the wall arrest them.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

This is the way I want to "walk into the light". Strolling along my boyhood path in my favorite season. I can only hope that this is how my brain will let me see my life as it slowly ends.

Beautiful image.

albajohn,
    The setting of this engaging retreat could also be imagined as a
    harbour of comfort, reflection, a place of healing for the body,
    soul and spirit. A most lovely painting!
    Mairzie Dotes

Beautiful autumn scene, love the depth of the picture.

Great colors and texture...I like this painting
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.