ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Watercolor for landscape...

Watercolor for landscape...

I was searching for a nice and easy book about watercolors for landscape painting, but the one I found used real watercolors. It was an interesting one but how can I find the digital color
    of saying: "Crimson Alizarin" or "Scarlet Lake". Not easy! And in France, we don't call the colors with the same names.

Name:  cefb_medium.jpg
Views: 4046
Size:  39.8 KB

And here is what I want to share withe you: have a look at

=> Name:  1_Site.png
Views: 2190
Size:  37.8 KB

This Website contains all the colors used by artists, and best of all, you can find them with the RGB values of every color.
    I was first looking for watercolors, but in my book the author used a limited pallet of 10 colors he named.
    I searched to find them all 10 in a single set and I found them in "Daler-Rowney Georgian Oil Paints".
    Yes: that is the reason why I titled "Watercolor for Landscape" else that are oil colors.
    Here is an example of use one can do with that Website to transpose your desired colors in Artrage. Hope my images are
    enough clear to understand the process.

First the complete collection:

Name:  00 All.png
Views: 2788
Size:  91.5 KB

and here an individual choice where you can clearly see the RGB values for that color:

Name:  48 Raw Sienna.png
Views: 2424
Size:  43.7 KB

I then transposed them in Artrage using the "Precise Color Picker"...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PreciseColorPicker.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	73011

And for the end: the sample file with all the colors named to place in your resource folder
    (see next post cause limitation of the attachments)

The Color file

To put in your resource folder:

Daler-Rowney Georgian Oil Paints.col

I want to complete soon other pallets using that process, so if you are interested I will try to put them in a next post here.
    I am thinking of "Sennelier Soft Floral Pastel Paints" and also "Sennelier Soft Landscape Pastel Paints".

Thank you very much! They all look like nice soft water colours.
    I appreciate the trouble you went through to create these.
    Hin

Hin's Paintings: http://hinketea.imagekind.com

wonderfull

I shared the same book as a resource for inspiration and tehnique, but you did so much more, working and sharing the precise palette. Thank you verry much!

Thank's Orkhan... Glad to know that we twice made the same good book choice (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...n-and-learning).

Oh thank you for this work, it will help me a lot!