ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Surface Tablet

Surface Tablet

Has anyone tried ArtRage on the Surface tablet? How well does it work? How effective is the pen that comes with the tablet?

Good question. My hubby is really keen on the Surface and just told me that it comes with a pen. He is seriously considering purchasing one, so would be interested to hear from anyone who has one already.

The Surface Pro is just like any other tablet PC and has Wacom penabled technology. It should work perfectly with Artrage. It's worth noting that the Surface Pro is similarly spec'ed like an ultrabook for power containing a pretty powerful Core i5 processor. Battery life ranges about 4-5 hours. Anyone interested on hands on reviews from real users should check out TabletPCReview forums. There are many there giving user based reviews on the device.

If you're looking at the Surface rather than the Surface Pro, ArtRage won't run on the Surface as it only supports applications from Microsoft's appstore. The Surface Pro isn't limited to the appstore in this way. You may already be aware of this, just thought it might be worthwhile mentioning.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

I guys, I've played around a bit with Surface Pro and Fresh Paint. Compared to the Wacom Stylus I've tryed on another tablet (as Microsoft employee my keyboard hang when I try to write any word beginning with an 'i' :-) ) the one included in the Surface Pro disapponted me a little as it is unbalanced on the rubber side. I hope I will be able to retest it soon with AR to see if the device responce is fluid and accurate. Regarding the the Surface RT an application enabling to run desktop application will be probably released in the next future, or at least some blogs say so. An open point would be if a single license can run AR both on a laptop and on the tablet. Any guess?