ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Letting go

Letting go

A bit schmaltzy, but I don't care.

Attachment 72982

A sort of cross between Marc Chagall and Frank Capra (the Norman Rockwell of film). Two top artists in their respective fields.

The heart opens and expresses in its own language and I get it and admire your ability to set it down visually.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

It reminds me of folk art, schmaltzy maybe, but it surely expresses beautifully with much warmth the pain of the loss and the release to comfort. It works for me.

Thanks guys! I was torn by feeling I should use pastel colours for the dreaminess and femininity of Lily, so it's very soft.

Lily's neurologist kindly wrote today expressing his sympathy and I sent it to him. He really appreciated it.

Catharsis!

Lovely and loving tribute to Lily. L

A lovely tribute Robyn, glad to see you are handling things so well.
    Geoff

Thanks Lindae and Geoff. Yes, we must move on, no matter how hard. Tears still this morning when there was no gentle face at my knee for her Sunday egg breakfast.

'My little Dog ... a heartbeat at my feet" (Edith Wharton) is a quote I heard a while ago, and think of now.

We're off to see a major exhibition by Jeffrey Smart ( http://www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au/col...=smart-jeffrey ) and a lovely lunch for a break from all the sadness.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Master of Stillness: Jeffrey Smart paintings 1940 – 2011, a major survey exhibition of over forty paintings from one of Australia’s most important living painters: Jeffrey Smart. Master of Stillness is an extraordinary opportunity to experience a broad range of works from this significant artist, featuring iconic works on loan from all over Australia and overseas (including five works from the TarraWarra Museum of Art collection), assembled by curator Barry Pearce, Emeritus Curator at the Art Gallery of New South Wales.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It's on at TarraWarra Museum of Art at Healesville in Victoria.
    TarraWarra is a spectacular private gallery which exhibits major shows including the renowned annual Archibald Portrait Prize.

http://twma.com.au/

This is a wonderful expression of your heart! Thank you for allowing us to share a little of your painful journey of recent days. I am full of wonder at how therapeutic your art has been at times of great turmoil, grief and stress. Your Lily series has been like an art journal for you, expressing your inner feelings. Each piece has had a beauty, but also a depth of meaning, that we have been able to pick up on. This one is no exception. "Go, Lily! Go girl! "
    My personal blog Slices of my life.

Thank you Lin, you all have eased my path with your love and support.

With this group of paintings, I have found a new style of painting that is free, expressive and hugely creative, with out the traditional constraints of 'getting it right'.

I have always loved being a realist, now maybe a new way to try??