ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: The lost series

The lost series

These were my part of my works (the ones i thought that i should take a picture), but i lost them in time, through the many residence migrations. I think on starting developing my AR skills by re-doing them. What do you think?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phoenix.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	286.0 KB 
ID:	72954

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the lost paintings.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	310.9 KB 
ID:	72955

These are scans of photos

I think it would be well worth doing. As you work, beware, your brain will go into overload to handle all the new ideas that come through! Plan to be busy!!! L

Nice range. I don't know whether it's a good idea to repaint old lost pics or not. Yes, if they're meaningful for you, yes you should. I mean I don't see any reason why not.

You've probably changed a lot as a person and artist since then. So they will look somewhat different now when you do them. I would consider using them as a starting point and let the rest flow out of you fresh because ArtRage will open new looks to you as well because you won't be constricted by the medium. ArtRage opens that up to many mediums at your fingertips.

Another point is if you remember them clearly enough, you can reproduce them easily and thus be able to focus on learning the program. But you will learn the program regardless.

There are certainly some nice things going on in these. Thanks for showing them. I don't see how you can loose.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

It's going to be a fantastic project to pursue and you would not only recover them someway, but also possibly improve by testing some change. If You print then on canvas you may also add real paint on.
    Welcome and best regards.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I'm intrigued by the top one, wondering what it's about..

It doesn't matter what you paint, so long as you have some inspiration. If you want to repaint them, do. You will probably get different interpretations as you go.

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    I'm intrigued by the top one, wondering what it's about..

It doesn't matter what you paint, so long as you have some inspiration. If you want to repaint them, do. You will probably get different interpretations as you go.

That one was the rebirth of the Phoenix, my biggest work as size.
    Thanks to all for the apreciations. I'm aware that i will not repaint them as they were, but i remember the feeling for each one when i was painting it,the message that i was trying to transmit. So i just have to recall all of that and figure out how AR could serve me to express most of it... Project no. 1 - good to go

What do you have to lose by exploring the range of these impressive images and possibly settling on one ore two styles? There is much potential here. Gof for it.