ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Untitled series continued.

Untitled series continued.

I have included an extra image in this latest posting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	473.8 KB 
ID:	72948   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	39 
Size:	406.7 KB 
ID:	72949   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	44 
Size:	467.8 KB 
ID:	72950   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	47 
Size:	402.8 KB 
ID:	72951   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	36 
Size:	447.4 KB 
ID:	73006  

Last edited by Paul Blackman; 02-10-2013 at 08:22 PM.

Absolutely spectacular and vibrant artpieces. A blast of energy and life!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Nice series. I have a student who tries for similar, but less complex work. Your work has more interesting shapes and keeps the eye busy. With the exception of the first in the series, there doesn't appear to be a place for one to rest the eyes---that's ok if that's your intent. It's fine to exercise your viewers eyes! The works certainly engage!

They're certainly a feast for the eyes! Lindae's right about a place to stop and look, there's so much happening.

I can just see you 'embroidering' all your spaces with detail.

Yes Paul. The message that is written into the first one described my take on it as well -- meaning that your work says a bombardment of all this going on at once in the world, competing for attention or merely stealing focus.

So you're very articulate and make a good editorial point. Nice to see an artist with a voice. Will be interesting to see what else you have to say about other things too. I must confess that I have some trouble looking at these for the reason that inspired you to do them. I live in a busy city so even though I hear you, you're preaching to the choir here with me but that's because I'm already super saturated with the world's many sounds and voices. So I personally look for art that can bring some sense of order out of chaos in some way. However, it appears you're pushing us to become more sane and placid. Good message I would say for sure.

That in no way diminishes the impact of your work. It's very potent.

Edit: I just got a late flash that this reminds me a lot of the movie Koyaanisqatsi - Life out of Balance

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koyaanisqatsi
    Last edited by D Akey; 02-09-2013 at 09:52 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I wonder why the artist feels compelled to include words among the chaos of forms, the content reads a bit like fortune cookie wisdom for a new age, and repeats what easily can be understood visually ... the assault is on my intelligence too, unless there is a manifesto in there somewhere ...
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

Thank you for your comments. I think that I need to say that my intention was not to assault anyone's intelligence and are sorry if some people have perceived it that way. The creation of these works for me are akin to a form of meditation, even though for some the result may seem counter. My internal and external worlds are in flux, each informing and conversing with the other; there is no set meaning.

Oh, I'm sorry you felt the need to apologize ... My comment was meant to underscore how words find meaning more immediately than, say, groupings of lines, colors and so forth ... I thought, why should the artist make half a political statement when it is possible to make a purely artistic one? ...
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

I think you're onto something. I have seen this kind of eclectic object mix done amazingly well before. One suggestion might be to break away from the use of primary red, blue and yellow and maybe experiment with some proven color harmonies. The shapes are definitely amusing and fun to explore and as I mentioned I have seen this stream of objects thing done really well by illustrators. You see a lot of it with illustrators using Adobe Illustrator. I have also seen it in painting as well. I would have to agree with Pete that the words are kind of condescending to the viewer. If you are going to use them do a spell check though. What is great is the energy of the art work. And I really encourage you to keep enjoying this genre and press on. The refinements to the style will happen. For now, it's fun looking at the different shapes as if they were a collection of toys. Fun stuff. You are definitely doing well in the energy and production department. I wish I could be so productive. You can really tell your love of doing artwork.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 02-10-2013 at 08:02 AM.