ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Day is done..reworked

Day is done..reworked

As always, your comments are much appreciated....first version..Name:  day is done1.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  21.7 KB.....version (reworked).....Name:  day is done2.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  23.4 KB
    Last edited by moosie; 02-09-2013 at 06:42 AM.
    .................................................. .............................
    There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.
    Author Unknown

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

Very clever! The light the haze, the silhouettes.

This could only be a mirage for someone with temps in the minus range. Either that or you're in Arizona?

Looking like a painted desert sunset. I'm waiting for the stars to come out.

By way of critique, you might want to manage the degree of soft focus in the different areas where they make sense. You have a really soft middle ground with the cactus being sharper focus and then in the very distance you have a super sharp line for the top of the hills. You may want to plot that kind of thing where you're representing a focal length that works for the whole picture. . . at least when you're approaching it from a realistic standpoint.

But I like it a lot.
    Last edited by D Akey; 02-08-2013 at 04:14 PM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi. Moosie. Better then icebergs.

Very nice, looks like the end of a long hot day

I like it, it looks very hot ,do you think if I look at it long enough it will melt all the snow from this nasty storm we are experiencing at the moment ?
    Geoff

Lovely analogous color scheme which makes for the peace and calmness I receive from this painting! I agree with Aikey though about the hard and soft edges conveying the atmospheric perspective you are going for. This is such a lovely painting, the edge stuff is really not a bother. Just something to think about next go round maybe.

Thanks folks ...and just for you Mr. Akey..some snow Name:  storm.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  16.7 KB
    .................................................. .............................
    There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.
    Author Unknown

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

I like the added detail in the foreground

It rewards your eyes for looking there without taking away from the main subjects of sun and cactus.

I like the reworked version as the blurring in the middle ground was not convincing. IMO, computerized blurring should be used sparingly in a traditional landscape painting, when reality is the goal.

Good job.