ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Got it!

Got it!

Finally!!!!! I have now the StudioPro version.... Glad and sad in the same time. I wanted it from the online shop of ArtRage, but there were some payment issues via Visa trough many trials, so i turned to Steam, wich delivered it flowlessly, but... now it's Steamdependent.... hope you'll deal soon with the upsetting "must be online" stuff.

I suggest you contact support@ambientdesign.com I don't think Artrage would be steam dependent after purchasing it.

Quote Originally Posted by screenpainter View Post
    I suggest you contact support@ambientdesign.com I don't think Artrage would be steam dependent after purchasing it.
    Oh, but it is... If i close Steam, it closes ArtRage too (i wonder what will happen if i lose internet conection just before finishing a work)... and without internet conection Steam won't launch and I have to put it on offline mode to launch ArtRage

Quote Originally Posted by Orkhan View Post
    Oh, but it is... If i close Steam, it closes ArtRage too (i wonder what will happen if i lose internet conection just before finishing a work)... and without internet conection Steam won't launch and I have to put it on offline mode to launch ArtRage
    Your points are well taken. I agree: Contact support and ask at least to find out.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

ArtRage on Steam currently uses the standard Steam DRM system which means that unless you start Steam in Offline mode, it will activate itself online at launch time. Start Steam, relaunch it in Offline mode (from the Steam menu) and ArtRage should run without the online connection.

This standard model works for games, but we understand that it's not necessarily ideal for apps. The ArtRage 4 release we are doing on Steam changes our approach to avoid the online requirement and we will look at the possibility of wrapping that back in to the Studio Pro release after we're happy that it's stable and working.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.