ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: The noob from far-far away

The noob from far-far away

Hi there!
    The story begun with me viewing a picture (more like a painted photo) and than read the story behind the image: a guy waiting on a corridor of a hospital, waiting for his firstborn child to come to this world. I'm twice a father, so it hit me in the rightspot. The labor was extensive, so it eated-up most of his day, but he made a painting on this time, on his phone... and it was the first time I heard about ArtRage,... and it was love at first sight. So i went for the demo...but i wanted more, so a needed a real drawing pen, not a mouse... so it was the time for a tablet, not the most aclaimed Wacom (too expensive for my pocket, in my country) but i found an interesting one: from Trust, The Canvas Widescreen Tablet (some features:250x150 mm working space, battery free pen with holder and 2 extra tips,4000 lpi, 1024 p.s., tilt sensitivity, dual touh pads and many other button related stuff) - and i was happy, almost. Other stuff came in and it was no more time for my old-new hobby (i'll tell some other time about that).
    And now I'm here, and really excited because in few day's I'll purchase the full StudioPro version of this wonderfull tool that is ArtRage. Thank you!
    ... I tried to write some more about the artistic background (wich is not much)... most of the time painting with gouache watercollor on sliced cardboards from packaging, to impress girls or to give them away (the paintings!) as birthsday gift. Many words so far, so I will try to put up the the few images that nibbled until now, if i figure out correctly how...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	O ploua.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	176.2 KB 
ID:	72897Click image for larger version. 

Name:	o PLOUA cu efecte speciale.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	123.7 KB 
ID:	72898Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cercare cu dealuri.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	72899

I think impressing girls is a time-honored and noble pursuit for an artist, especially when you actually get positive interest. And look. . . you have two kids. Sounds like your technique for impressing the ladies worked. That's what I call a successful artist.

Welcome to you and your paintings. Feel free to post them in the regular Forum Gallery as that is the place they are most often looked at and commented on.

I just got an iphone myself and downloaded the ArtRage app. It's fun but I need to buy a stylus since the screen is rather small. There are people who use a wacom tablet or equivalent on the computer, and some who don't. It's a nice thing to have when you get a chance. I am interested in checking out the stylus that turns the computer monitor to a canvas that you can 'paint' directly on.

I'm very happy to hear you have been enjoying the program. You're in good company.

By the way, those are nice paintings!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    I think impressing girls is a time-honored and noble pursuit for an artist, especially when you actually get positive interest. And look. . . you have two kids. Sounds like your technique for impressing the ladies worked. That's what I call a successful artist.

Welcome to you and your paintings. Feel free to post them in the regular Forum Gallery as that is the place they are most often looked at and commented on.

I just got an iphone myself and downloaded the ArtRage app. It's fun but I need to buy a stylus since the screen is rather small. There are people who use a wacom tablet or equivalent on the computer, and some who don't. It's a nice thing to have when you get a chance. I am interested in checking out the stylus that turns the computer monitor to a canvas that you can 'paint' directly on.

I'm very happy to hear you have been enjoying the program. You're in good company.

By the way, those are nice paintings!
    Thank you D Akey. Actually the kids are more the result of impressive cooking, than painting... but the aproach helped though,you know: blending in, softening the edges, putting few small elements in the foreground to keep the atention focused, and so on . I spent 2 or 3 hours (passed midnight) on the forum and already gave me 12 or so ideas and the base for a larger project.

The next goes for all: Sorry for the half-poor english, it's only my "4th native language" - it came with the job

It's nice to meet you, Orkhan. What a lovely story! Your paintings appeal to me - especially the third one of the hills and sky. I do look forward to seeing more of your paintings and posts.
    My personal blog Slices of my life.