ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Inserting written text

Inserting written text

Hi,
    Perhaps this has been asked many times before...but I'm new at this and want/need to know if it's possible to insert written text with an illustration.
    I'm a school teacher...and It would be great if I could put text and drawings together.
    Thanks to anyone who can answer this for me.

I don't know if the normal version of ArtRage studio has it, but ArtRage Studio
    Pro does have a text tool. It has the basic text features to it, such as alignment, scale, bold, etc, but it slightly limited when compared to image editor type software. Still, it serves its purpose. I'll note that Ambient design has posted about releasing Artrage 4 sometime this month, as well.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

ArtRage Studio also has a text tool. In Studio and Studio Pro it's the 'T' icon in the tool picker.

You can then open the settings panel and choose your font type, size and other settings.

I hope this helps.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

So..

So....nothing that applies to Art Rage 2???

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTeacher View Post
    So....nothing that applies to Art Rage 2???
    You didn't mention Artrage 2 specifically, so I assumed you were looking for information pertaining to versions of the program that had tools directly related to text editing. If you're seeking methods to do it with the program you already have, you could use stencils. You just need a black and white image of the letters to import as the stencil. This is an easy task in MS paint, where you open it and type out the alphabet in black, using the font of your choice. Be sure there is plenty of white space around the text, and save it as png or jpeg (png works best). Then import the image into ArtRage as a stencil, using the stencil panel at the bottom of the program window.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.