ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Male Nude in Pencil

Male Nude in Pencil

I created this with ArtRage Studio Pro 3.5.5 and my own pencils and palette tools. I think I got the hang of the shading ability now.

I had to resize it in paint and the quality suffered for it. However, you can see the uncompressed version on my gallery page.

http://members.artrage.com/gallery_images/21669
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nude posing 1.jpg 
Views:	1103 
Size:	297.6 KB 
ID:	72872  
    Last edited by jeff12343; 02-06-2013 at 01:38 PM.

Hi Jeff, it's not there!

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Hi Jeff, it's not there!
    It is now. I forgot to wait for the upload. lol

Might be an idea to pop this post into the After 9 O'clock Gallery, so you don't offend anyone. Excellent drawing!
    Last edited by copespeak; 02-06-2013 at 06:30 PM.

Nice one! Not a fully classical-looking study as a style, but certainly a masterful drawing indeed.
    I guess they'll take it in the other gallery Copespeak suggested, although You kept harmonic proportions and not over-inflated muscles ... so I think there would be few people who may possibly feel offended. LOL
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Well done and as Caesar mentioned the body has nice proportions, now how do I measure up.
    Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Might be an idea to pop this post into the After 9 O'clock Gallery, so you don't offend anyone. Excellent drawing!
    I will have to look for that other area.

There are all kinds of things pointing off the picture. For general picture making and composition, it's usually not a good idea to lead the eye off the canvas. Anything that resembles an arrow or point in shape, like the pointing finger etc leads the eye in that direction. An artist can exploit that awareness of leading the viewer's eye. So that's my main technical comment.

The figure looks very sculptural. The anatomy of someone with this level of muscle definition is begging to be done in black and white, though color works well too. But I think of Michelangelo's marble sculptures which are monochromatic. So it works well for me not being color. Good choice.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Now you have moved it across to 9 o'clock, maybe delete this post and put a note in the new one saying that is what you have done.